Feature request: Instructor certificate creation

Hi,

In a coming update can you guys add a feature where each instructor has the ability to create his own unique certificate for his course?

You can add this feature as a one step of initial course creation process (currently there are 6 steps in the initial course creation process)

Thanks.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Apologies. You did say "each instructor."

I've been doing computer applications training for over 10 years, and everywhere I've ever trained the certificates I've been given to give to students promote the brand of the company I'm training for, even though each company uses many different instructors.

If each instructor has control over what appears on his/her certificate, then you may be creating a situation where each instructor can siphon clients from your website.

Each instructor may be adding the content, but they're doing it from your platform, which means they should be promoting your brand on any "take-aways" to bring students back to your platform.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @chathura

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes @faydra_deon is right. It would not be much beneficial for most of the users of CoursePress.

However adding the teacher name in the certificate is a good idea. I am moving it to features and feedback forum to give it more exposure where other members can support this request. If it would get enough upvotes then it will surely be considered for development.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@chathura:

That would be nice. I just looked at the certificates the community college gives me to give to my students when class is done, and my name is not on the certificate even though there's a line where I have to sign the certificate for it to be valid for the student. Even under that line, my name does not appear. It just says "Instructor."

You could always make the instructor name a part of the title of the course if you wanted to have the instructor name on the certificate and there's no other way to get it there. It would make the course title longer, but it would show the instructor name when the certificate is generated.

Thanks for posing the suggestion. It gave me something to think about as I'm setting up my own tutorials site.

Faydra...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.