Feature Request: Read count of child pages on parent page

Hello,

I just joined and this is my first post, i am very excited to have found this site and have bought a year’s membership and will be downloding plugins very soon :slight_smile:

I have a plugin request, and i hope this is the right place to start with that.

What I would like is to be able to display a cumulative read count of child pages to be displayed on the parent page.

The site is for a fanfic author and as we are sick of the out of date script we are using, we have moved to wordpress, but this means the loss of read counts.

The site is set up in ‘books’ using pages and child page. Each ‘book’ has a parent page or title page with info like ratings, genre, etc, and we would like a read count to be displayed there too.

then each chapter is a child page.

If possible i would like to be able to have a plugin that counts all the views for all child pages of a parent page, and then displays the cumulative count on the parent page.

so book 1 might have 5 chapters and each time a chapter of book 1 is read, it counts and displays that count only for book 1 on book 1’s title page.

book 2 has 8 chapters and that count is independent of book 1 count, displaying cumulative chapter page view counts on its title page

so on and so forth… each parent/title page only displays its counts for it’s own children.

I hope that is not too confusing, and if this is not the place to make requests, i apologise and ask you to forgive me for my newbie-ness :slight_smile:

thank you in advance

i am very excited about this and plan to utilise many of your fabulous plugins!!!

kind regards

Jacci

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya Jacci,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums and welcome to WPMU DEV.

You certainly have posted at the right place. “Features and Feedback” section is for new features, new ideas and feedbacks about the plugins.

You already have my +1 on this once we get a good amount of votes, our developers gauge the interest and sales team forecasts the market demand and that way a feature or idea is picked up.

Lets see how many more do we get :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• jacci
    • Flash Drive

Oh, i see, thanks for you reply. Hopefully this would be useful to others as well, i know many people use wordpress as a fiction platform and it would be great if there were some tools for them.

I imagine it could also be useful beyond just fiction work for anybody interested in page views per ‘chapter’

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.