HI,

Can you please add the following features in Group Calendar feature:

* Being able to create recurring events

* Being able to specify time zone for times

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @sezen,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your feature request.

We have already added feature request for creating recurring events in the following thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/group-calendar-repeating-events

You can specify time zone for times in :

Admin –> Settings –> General

Screenshot attached.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Cheers.

• Sezen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for getting back. I am glad that recurring event creation in calendar is already in the to-do list. Can you please tell me when roughly it is coming?

Regarding time zone, what you suggest is global setting for the site which is already there. I am talking about specifying the timezone by user per event. Imagine we have users from CA, NY and London. Each one is creating an event with their local timezone, how would the others interpret those events?

Possible there are two solutions to this, fancy and ok ones:

The “fancy” solution is to allow users specify their timezones in their profile (or auto detect it from IP address) then show the times according to the localtimes.

“OK” solution is to make the calendar event creator specify the timezone of the event, then stick it to the event description. E.g. Book Club: October 18, 2013 12:00 PM EST: meeting.

Can you please add this as feature request, too?

Thanks.

Sezen.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @sezen,

I understood your point regarding time zone, there is also feature request for it on this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/group-group-calander-any-support-for-international-timezones

We don’t give ETAs and this plugin isn’t super popular, and we’ve put all our development effort into Events+ instead, it’s a much more powerful product. Perhaps we can at some point add a BP groups addon in it.

Cheers.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @sezen,

Thanks for reply.

You can create recurring event in Events+ plugin by clicking "This is a recurring event" button in Events Details section of event page as shown in the screenshot.

There is a feature request for timezone in Events+ plugin

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/events-local-timezone-feature for now i think you can just add a message to the page saying 'All times are in …' people are then informed & will do the calculation themselves.

Cheers.

• Sezen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for getting back. Your answer and the screen shot are for WP front end. I am using this feature in Buddypress group and the GUI is like shown in the attached picture. There is no option "This is a recurring event".

Regarding timezone, it is good that it has been added as feature request. When can we expect to see this feature, next month, next year, next life :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @sezen,

Thanks for reply.

My answer and screenshot in previous reply is for Events+ plugin back end and as i have said earlier currently there isn’t option for creating recurring events in BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin therefore we have created feature request for it https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/group-calendar-repeating-events

These features may be added in future version of plugin but We don’t publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.