Feature Request - Turn Off Floating Social Per Page, Post, Custom Post Type

I think this plugin looks slick, but I'm unable to use it in it's current form because it seems there's no way to filter the floating box visibility per page, post, and custom post type.

Any chance we can get this ability added? Either on a main settings page or within the Write Post screen?

• Adam W. Warner
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Just wanted to add a little more info as to the kinds of pages this plugin is visible on and that in my opinion, should have any social links on.

I use Premise for creating Landing Pages on my site. Premise pages are custom post types. If you're not familiar with Landing Pages, they're also known as sales pages, squeeze pages, or opt-in pages. Basically they are simplified pages that focus on the action you would like the user to take. If I have a page that aims to sell a product or invites someone to opt-in to my email list, I sure don't want to give them another option of sharing socially and thus moving away from the action I am trying to get them to take.

Second is that I have a forum for members only. It would be nice to filter these social links off my private pages too.

As I see it from a user stand point, this could be an option in two ways:
    1. A main Floating Social settings page. This page would list all pages in one section, all custom post types in another section and allow a tickbox for each result. "Show floating social? Yes or No.
    2. Offer this option on each Write Post page. I'm not sure this is possible to add to individual custom post types added by other plugin though is it?

• Adam W. Warner
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Great news VeBailovity!

Thanks so much for listening with an open mind to the community here, I'm sure I speak for the others on this thread when I say that it is MOST APPRECIATED:slight_smile:

I just checked and don't see the update yet. I'll wait until the wpmudev updater catches it:slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Thank you for the kind words, I really hope you like the new feature. However, I'd just like to say the filter is not as granular as you outlined - it currently allows you to filter out entire types, but not individual entries (e.g. individual posts or pages) just yet.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

My answer above is pretty old - in more recent versions of the plugin, you're able to filter out single posts. You can do so in the plugin settings, in the "Advanced Settings" section, under "Display" option. Here you can filter out an entire post type, or individual posts by clicking the "Choose individual entries" link. The list you get by clicking the link isn't all-inclusive (for performance reasons), but might work for you. If you can't find the post you're after in the list, or if you need more control, you can enable the built-in metabox, by setting "Show Floating Social metabox in editor" option to "Yes". This will add a box to your post editor in which you can choose whether you want to show the bar on your post or not.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.