Feature Request WPMUDEV Releases - Plugins & Themes Release Status

As per the positive feedback here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-3-thread-closed-any-news

I would just like to bring this issue to the forefront again.

Check out the example release status page here:

http://www.appthemes.com/releases/

Please +1 if you think WPMUDEV NEEDS this

:slight_smile:

Johnny

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Check out this thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/creating-an-mp3-download-multisite-help#post-66481

Hiya XYZ,
    We don't provide ETAs as a rule, but I will tell you we are working on this very hard right at the moment and would love to have it out before the end of the year. It's a priority for us :smiley:
    Thanks!

I believe this would help people more...

Hiya XYZ,
    Please refer to the WPMUDEV Plugin & Themes Development Cycle Status Page. From there, you can track the release status and development status. Have a good one mate! :smiley:
    Thanks!

I prefer the latter :slight_smile:

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Here's a quote from their site:

Below you will find our company’s product release status page. This is our way of better communicating to our customers (and potential customers) where each product release stands.

Software development release processes are a tricky business especially with the advanced features we build into our themes. Trying to gauge the exact release date weeks or months ahead of time is quite difficult which is usually why we don’t provide one until it’s close to launch. **

It’s important to note that the “target date” is our best guess estimate as to when each theme may be released. It is highly recommended to NOT schedule client projects (or your own) based on these target dates since they could change.

And a photo..

Johnny

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Please note their legal disclaimer and last updated notice.

Last updated: August 17, 2011

** We do our very best to meet our “target date” but it doesn’t always end up that way. We reserve the right to change the “target date” as need be. Historically we have needed to push back some dates due to unforeseen circumstances. Minor dot releases (i.e. 1.2.x) will not be included on this page.

This "Last Updated" notice is crucial so wpmudev customers know this is the latest information.

Please refer to the Dev Cycle. Cheers, XYZ

Any +1s ?

Johnny

• Lorange
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Please +1 if you think WPMUDEV NEEDS this

I don't know if they need this but we (as customers) absolutely need something like this to better organize and planify (can we say that in English?) our work and projects.

+1!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

This is something we've discussed internally for sure.

I get your point about planning - it is very helpful to know timelines for new releases, I'd like that myself.

Even with that disclaimer though we will get people who are aggrieved when we miss a target (which is highly likely if not a certainty). So adding such a mechanism would open the gates to more disgruntled members.

You guys know that even if we hint at a date it could go beyond that and wouldn't be an issue, but we take on more and more new members every week who don't understand them and we wouldn't want to do anything to frustrate them.

Still, this is something we're definitely looking at and hopefully we'll find something suitable.

Phil

• aristath
    • Recruit

@James Most plugins have bugs and feature requests.
    I can understand that you guys are really busy and always trying to improve your products. However, we are left in the dark a bit...
    What I mean is that I personally don't care when the next update is going to be, I couldn't care less about release dates! I would simply want to know what it includes and what the changes are going to be! Having a public list of tasks with what's done and what needs to be addressed is not a bad thing, and will surely help us out!

By knowing for example that:
    the next update for MarketPress will be released when bugs #1, #2, #3 are fixed and feature request #29 is implemented, with bugs #1 and #2 already fixed, I know what to expect and even help out with bug #3!

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@James wrote 11 months ago:

"I promise this will come soon :slight_smile:"

Guys, there's no point of putting any effort to improve WPMUDEV proactivity towards their (paying) users: the world is ending in a couple of months anyway, isn't it?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.