Feature Requests for CoursePress Pro

A few things that we've run into when using CoursePress Pro and would like to have implemented are:

1. Categories and tags. I know this has already been requested and I whole-heartedly second this nomination. Is there currently a estimated time frame of when this might be implemented?

2. On the Current CoursePress Theme that is bundled with the plugin, if there is no Featured Video in the Course Description, then it shows an empty box on the Course Page. See Screenshot below.

3. We would like to have paid courses, but as a company standard have another means for taking payments. Would it be possible to have Courses marked as Paid Courses, but not have the MarketPress plugin installed?

This plugin is very promising and helped us replace quite a few plugins that we were trying to use to get this same functionality. These remaining concerns/feature requests will make this the complete package for us.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Susan,

Certainly I can put these requests to the developers, I can't give any ETA on the cats and tags though.

With regard to #2, I can confirm this and will report this to the developer to fix in an upcoming release. I've been looking through the theme, but I think this is actually coming from the plugin, the shortcode is still displaying even if the content for the image/video is empty in class.shortcodes.php

I'll ask one of our SLS guys to take a quick look at that as I can't tell from looking at the code.

Hope this helps

• Susan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the reply Vaughan. I have plenty of experience coding, and so I would not be opposed to putting in a hot fix for the categories and tags, I just would prefer a supported version.

Before I begin dissecting the code to try and implement the categeories/tags, do you guys have any suggestions of where I can start looking in the code?

Also do you have any idea on the ability to mark a course as paid without using the MarketPress plugin?

Thanks

• Terry
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have the exact same problem. I have hundreds of training packages I want to load, but very few have promo videos and I don't fancy doing them all myself.

Any idea when this glitch will be fixed?

Thank you,

Terry

• Terry
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have found if you specify a 'Listing Image' on the 'Course Overview' section, it uses that instead of a video. I have managed to eradicate the problem by doing this.

Will this solve your problem Susan?

Terry

• Susan

@Jack Thank you, that is good to hear. Is there any rough idea as to when the addition of Taxonomies will be addressed? If it is going to be a long way out, would it be possible to do some custom coding to add it in? I see where I can turn on the taxonomies for the Custom Post Types, but it is my belief that more is going to be required in order to get the option to assign categories/tags to the courses, units, etc...

• Susan

@Jack Kitterhing I am currently using CoursePress Pro v1.2.1.4.

I have pulled the CoursePress theme out of the Plugin directory and moved it into the Themes directory, so I guess my question would be better worded as do I need to copy the theme out of the plugin again? Or is there are better way to use it? Is it possible to leave the theme in the plugins directory and then use the theme in the Themes directory as a child theme?

The version I have in the Themes directory and the theme in the plugin's themes directory are both version 1.0b. This is why I assumed I was using the latest version. Would it be possible to update the theme version number when updates are made to the theme?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.