FEATURE Suggestion: BuddyPress Theme Framework

Hey Guys,

After going though a number of your BuddyPress themes trying to decide which one to use for the project I am working on it came to me that it would be really nice to have a BuddyPress Theme Framework geared towards developers.

The problem I am having with your themes is that there is just too much stuff and too many options included with them. This might be great for most users but for my needs I find myself going though each theme and trying follow the flow of files being included and functions being called and removing all the options and then trying to figure out which css is being used. For example in the Corporate BuddyPress theme there are thousands of lines of css being used along with all the inline styles that get added based on options.

I would love to see a framework used the main functions.php file to call a theme setup function that got added to the after_theme_setup init where I could choose which features to include by using the add_theme_support hook.

For CSS you could include a library of css files that could be added to the theme_setup using enqueue style and have some basic style sheets for layouts and BuddyPress styles.

I would also like to see more BuddyPress specific hooks that could be used to customize the meta associated with the activity stream and user updates.

I understand and appreciate how hard it us keeping up the ever changing BuddyPress codebase but hopefully when 1.3 comes out it will be easier to standardize some of this stuff.

Thanks.