Feature Suggestions

I just installed this plugin and I have to say that I really appreciate the simplicity. However, it's a little too simple. It would be nice to be able to:

-Disable the plugin on pages or on certain posts.
-Choose the sharing button style that you'd like to use
-Add the ability to add your own buttons (Instapaper, email, etc.)

All in all, it's a great start, though. Good work, guys!

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Cool... isn't this the first multi-sharing plugin form "the dev" ... way to go!

I hope this gets the usual suspects of features added to it at some point like Google Plus did i'd imagine.

But my suggestion are...

1. Add LinkedIn
    2. ability to add (1 or more) custom icons and links. Custom field should support html and optionally php for the manage_options capability.
    3. Option to dock (with and without scroll) the plugin to the right or left
    4. Alternate icons with no stats.
    5. Icon size options for the docked version.

Well I think that's it for now. Congrats on another release!

• controlyours
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I love how clean this is and how it works on 95% of my site.

My only suggestion would be to allow for an option to shut it off on the index page (home page)...that's where we're having issues right now, it's hanging out in the middle of the page because our home page is margin 0 auto for our divs.

Great plugin, thanks.

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

You can always use some other code to stop it appearing on the homepage...

This article uses a custom field to disable a plugin on certain pages - http://millionclues.com/problogging/wordpress-tips/disable-tweetcount-plugin-on-specific-wordpress-pages/

That uses the following code in the plugin - but obviously that would need adjusting for this particular plugin:

// 	Conditional Page Exclusion added by @ArunBasilLal - http://millionclues.com. Use a custom field 'show_bttc' and set its value to False (or anything) to disable TweetCount on that purticular post or page.
    	if (get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bttc', true) == '') {
    		if( !get_post_meta($post->ID, "show_bttc", true) ) {
    		$button = backtype_tweetcount(); }
    		switch (get_option('bttc_location')) {
    			case 'topbottom':
    				return $button . $content . $button;
    			break;
    			case 'top':
    				return $button . $content;
    			break;
    			case 'bottom':
    				return $content . $button;
    			break;
    			default:
    				return $button . $content;
    			break;
    		}
    	} else {
    		return $content;
    	}
  • wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Sorry That didn't work for you @controlyours,

Also maybe try this for more specificity.

body.home .entry-content div#wdsb-share-box {display:none !important;}

If that doesn't work then maybe your theme has another class for body that you can identify with Firebug.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Thank you all for awesome feedback. Some of the features mentioned in the thread found its' way to the latest release (v1.1, just released) - LinkedIn support and custom service support. Since we now have the ability to add custom services, I believe that the need for adding button customization options for existing services dropped a bit. You can just get the code for the button you want to use instead of the default one and add it as custom service.

Also, the issue with floating box appearing at static front page (I'm presuming that this is what caused the issue) should be solved now too.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.