Featured image isn't added in imported feed

Hi, since I added a SSL-certificate to my site the Autoblog has stopped to set the featured image when importing feeds. I have tried to remove the feed and add it again and the images are leaded over https. I dont know what to do now.

It's a multisite and It imports the news feed with a specific category from the main site to a subsite

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Alizon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice anomalies regarding this. I'm bringing this into our developer's attention, to see what could be possibly causing an issue in the plugin side.

Could you also please share your websites WP admin, and FTP login, so that this could be looked upon closely?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Alizon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in the login credentials. When I'm trying to access the website dashboard:
    https://websitURL/wp-admin

I'm getting the following 403 screen:

Am I missing anything with access to the dashboard? Since support access was enabled, I was able to log into the dashboard.

I could also notice your website feed doesn't work when tested in my system too, ie featured image isn't getting imported.

On further troubleshooting the issue, I'm afraid, the issue is more specific to your website. Since it was working fine in your system before, we would like to further troubleshoot in your system, which also includes deactivating the plugins and switching themes.

Are you comfortable with us performing such actions in your website so that we could help get this sorted asap? Looking forward to your response.

Hav a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Alizon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Nithin,
    I have consulted my customer and it is not a good idea to do testing on the website right now. They have a hectic period with registration on the site to events. But there is a window between 8-10 may that would be suitable for this kind of work. Can you schedule the work to those days?

The user account you use is superadmin so you should have access to everything on site. But try to use the main sites login screen instead and then naviage to the subsite. Instead of trying to login on the subsite login page.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Alizon

I hope you're fine today and don't mind me jumping in :slight_smile:

I took a look at your site (didn't make any changes or tests there) and run some tests on my own setup using your feed. It seems that the issue here might be a bit different.

I noticed that it's not that all the images are not set as featured but only some. Looking for some pattern I noticed that the affected images seem to be those that do use some national characters in file names. If an image file name doesn't use any language-specific characters, it's added as featured image.

This is what seems to be the main issue though it would be best to test confirm that in "real life". I'm not sure what's the "publishing workflow' on your sit but maybe you could give it a go? Since the feed comes from your own site you are in control of the filenames. If you could make sure that images used in some upcoming posts (those that would be included in that feed) were not using any national/language-specific special characters in their filenames, you would then see if they are imported and set as featured images again or not.

Could you give it a try and let us know here?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Alizon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,
    I have talked to my customer and they will make sure that no language-specific file names are used in the future posts. They will probably publish some posts next week.

Thanks for looking further into the issue! =)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.