Features disabled when client cancels subscription

Hi,

I am running tests and have found a potential issue.

Scenario:

1. I sign up for free trial
2. I upgrade to pro
3. I cancel my subscription

Your account now says that my subscription is cancelled but that I should continue to have features until the 18th of April (several days away). However if I try access the front page it says the site is disabled, and if I try go into the dashboard it takes me to the Your Account page.

I do have "Pay to Blog" activated because beyond the trial I do not want to provide a free option.

Can anyone help?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @leejacksondev, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid I'll need some more info on that... Could you please explain in more detail your use case?
    How are you combining the "Pay to Blog" plugin with "Pro-Sites"?

However if I try access the front page it says the site is disabled

I assume you are referring to the site who's subscription has just been canceled, right? Or are you referring to the frontpage of your main site (the one running pro-sites)?

if I try go into the dashboard it takes me to the Your Account page.

Is there an option on that page that says "No, thank you, I'll continue with my free subscription" or anything similar?
    If there is such an option, doesn't it continue to the admin page once you click on it?

Awaiting your reply,
    Ari.

• leejacksondev
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

Yes I am using the Pay to Blog option.

Yes this is a user who has cancelled his subscription. However the account page tells him he still has access to features until the 18th.

If he tries to access any features (wp-admin) he is redirected back to the account page. The front page is also disabled with standard "Pay to blog" message.

The issue therefore is that he has paid for a month, cancelled mid term, but should still at least be able to use the rest of the month he has paid for before his access is revoked.

• aristath
    • Recruit

If he tries to access any features (wp-admin) he is redirected back to the account page

Is there an option on their account page that says "No, thank you, I'll continue with my free subscription" or anything similar?
    If there is such an option, doesn't it continue to the admin page once you click on it?

• leejacksondev

Hi,

Thanks for the message. Maybe a "walk through" will help.

Settings:

Pay to blog active
    Stripe payment gateway active
    Test settings configured for stripe.

Steps:

1. Register
    2. Register for site
    3. Select Pro and enter credit card details.
    4. Paste in Stripe test credit card that provides a success and subscribes to plan.
    5. Go back to my account (page ending in ?bid=10 .. the ID of the site), and it confirms I am subscribed.
    6. Pretend I am using the site as a happy new subscriber
    7. Pretend I dont want it any more so hit cancel on page ending ?bid=10.
    8. I am now told I can still use the site for the rest of the month before it will terminate.

Results:

After step 8 the front of the site is disabled and I cannot access wp-admin as I am directed to the page ending in ?bid=10.

FYI in stripe it successfully receives the cancelation and removes me from the plan on there.

Thoughts:

I assume the "Pay to Blog" add-on just needs to understand whats going when someone cancels mid month.

Hope this helps.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Just to verify that I have correctly understood the issue:

The "Pay to Blog"'s description is this:

Pay to Blog – Allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid.

That descriptions is just what it does in your case... So the issue is that it says that the user will have access for the rest of the month, while Pay to Blog doesn't respect that, right?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Unfortunately Stripe is only available in the U.S. and in Canada so I was unable to replicate this on my own installation.

However I have notified the plugin developer about this issue.
    Please note that plugin developers have lots of responsibilities so this may take a bit longer than a usual ticket.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• leejacksondev

Thanks Ari,

Yes would appreciate that being looked into. We in a week or so, so I am sure the issue may spring up at some point in the next few weeks as people trial the platform etc.

Will keep my eye out for an update....

If I can spot anything in the code I will post back on this ticket.

Standing by.

• leejacksondev

Hi,

Odd thing happening at present. Trying to reproduce by creating a new account. What it is doing this time though is approving the subscription but not showing a level which means the site is still disabled.

Not really sure where to begin how to figure it out. What screens would you need at this point?

Cheers

Lee

• leejacksondev

Hi,

Further to this, I have discovered a post in the past where you say that Plans are synced automatically. This suggests that I shouldn't need to setup the plans on the system.

If this is the case, if I try to buy I get:

No such plan: 1_1

If I then manually setup the Plan the in Stripe the payment works.

Problem is, after I have cancelled the subscription and gone back to Stripe later the Plan doesnt seem to exist on Stripe any more.

Is there a wider problem here?

This is all vanilla installation, no custom code from me. All out of the box.

Lee

• leejacksondev

Hi Aaron,

If I add a new plan or update a plan and press save, Plans on stripe still remains blank and if I try to purchase it says plan 1_1 doesnt exist.

The only way I can get to work is to manually add the plan however if I cancel the subscription after a while the plan disappears from the Plans section on stripe.

Im getting lost in all this. :slight_frown:

Any joy on the pay to blog issue?

Lee

• Aaron
    • CTO

Are you sure you are looking at the associated live or test account in Stripe depending on your setting in pro sites? Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place.

If you are, then you can view the api request log and see the api requests for modifying the levels and their response.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@leejacksondev it's been 3 weeks since your last reply on this thread. I hope you're well...

I'm going to mark this thread as resolved for now. If you require any further assistance on this issue, then please feel free to reopen this and post an update on your status so that we may help you out!

Take care,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.