Feature/Site Request: Developer Docs

I really only have one request, and though the title says developer docs, I'm not wanting something necessarily full blown. What I would like to request is that for plugins/themes listed on the site perhaps a third tab to go with the Detail and Usage tabs. This tab would be Developer.

On this tab, I would love to see any actions/filters that are available with a brief description so that I don't have to continue downloading, searching code for possibilities and what they are. In addition, perhaps any plugin calls I can make through my own custom plugins.

For example, to do something when the Membership 2 Pro plugin activates, you have:
do_action( 'ms_plugin_activation ', $this );

I know I can plug into this.

I know that I can make calls like:
add_action( 'ms_init', array($this, 'init_membership') );
and then pull the API from that to then do something like:
$member = $this->api->get_member($user->ID);

For the Members plugin, this would be easier because you have a docs folder (with methods, but not much in the form of hooks available) in the plugin with some information. But you have nothing included in the ProSites plugin of any such nature.

Could you please consider adding some of this to your documentation?

• Ted

Too add to that, you do have a good number of developers in this community. And I want to use MarketPress as an example. It has one thing that many other e-commerce plugins don't have, and that is the ability to setup a marketplace that works with multisite. But it's missing a bunch of add-ons that Woo or Exchange have. Developers could build those, getting more people willing to try the plugins here.

But if I'm honest, it would be easier to build a marketplace into Woo or Exchange (because of documentation) and get an add-on that does what I want then it would be to sift through thousands of lines of code to determine how I could integrate, for example, InfusionSoft into MarketPress.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ted,

Actually we are thinking about providing developers documentation for our plugins - right now we are preparing new documentation system that will be more useful for our members but also will make adding new sections for us (developers and support staff).
    But first things first - we will introduce better user documentation and the probably in the future it will grown to developers one. I can't give any ETA - I'm sorry, but we know that developers documentation will very useful.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ted,

Actually we are thinking about providing developers documentation for our plugins - right now we are preparing new documentation system that will be more useful for our members but also will make adding new sections for us (developers and support staff).
    But first things first - we will introduce better user documentation and the probably in the future it will grown to developers one. I can't give any ETA - I'm sorry, but we know that developers documentation will very useful.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.