FedEx: The length of the destination state or province exceeds the limit of 2 characters.

my client is buying stuff on my site to export to the uk how ever he is getting this error
FedEx: The length of the destination state or province exceeds the limit of 2 characters.

he has selected his destination state or province as greater manchester and this cannot be edited !!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello antony,

I did some research and that error was showing when country of store is setup for US or Canada. But this is not case for your store because you have different country.
    I would like to check what is in debug log that triggers that error. Please enable and try do checkout again. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi antony,

Made configuration to wp-config files but i am not seeing a debug.log file being created in the directory

You'll need to replicate the error, so that the debug.log gets generated. If you have already tried that still you don't see any error logs, then that's quite odd. Could you please re-try, and see how that goes?

It seems like this issue only appears when UK is selected for shipping, if the debug.log still doesn't provide any info, could you please send us your credentials so that we could give a closer look at this.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.