feedback regarding the new dashboard plugin

a) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev

- there is a glitch on the right hand side, will see if I can add a screen shot later

- I can see my latest activity and nice green check marks for solved problems but how about a button I can click to sort it to show unsolved issues first? That would be much more helpful.

- what is the difference between Q&A Activity and Community Topics?

- how about you make the "widgets" on that side drag and drop so I can rearrange my dashboard for a more personalized feeling? Maybe even add the option of configuring the amount of items shown (just like the default wordpress (feed) dashboard widgets?)

b) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins

- at the top it says: 136 results but on premium.wpmudev.org it says: 140+ plugins

- the filter by TAG gives me some random tags, where do you pull those from?

- why not replace those dummy tags with a search bar, where I type in some characters and it auto-suggests the rest, just like google does and just like it works here on your site?

c) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-themes

- same issue with the tags as on the plugin page, how about replacing them with a search bar?

- it says: 30 results but on your site you claim 160+ themes...

d) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-settings

- the hide from clients option is not clear to me. What happens on a multiside isntallation if I don't set it? Will the other admins (not super admin! just the plain simple blog admins) be able to access any part of the WPMUDEV Dashboard and functions?

• aecnu

Greetings Ovidiu,

Thank you as always for your valuable feedback and input.

We have a list a mile long of issues that we are working off concerning everything form the site to the dashboard plugin with the recent switch.

So it will certainly be a bit until we can work through it all and the presentation is up to par.

I do want to address some of your thoughts directly :slight_smile:

a) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev

I will refer to the WPMU Dev lead developer.

b) network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins

- at the top it says: 136 results but on premium.wpmudev.org it says: 140+ plugins

I believe this is related to how the categories of plugins are actually divided and the missing 4 are those in their own category like Multi DB - but I cannot research this at the moment because the search is down right this minute.

I believe this is similar, cannot prove it at the moment because of the search thing mentioned above and I am talking about Buddy press Themes and certainly that count is including the 133 Farm Template pack.

Those are my thoughts at the moment and I will certainly mark this ticket for the lead developer to see.

- the hide from clients option is not clear to me. What happens on a multiside isntallation if I don't set it? Will the other admins (not super admin! just the plain simple blog admins) be able to access any part of the WPMUDEV Dashboard and functions?

With the hidden option shown only the super admin, network admin can see the WPMU Dev widgets etc.

Thanks again Ovidiu for your input!

Cheers, Joe

• Ovidiu

Are you sure about this:

With the hidden option shown only the super admin, network admin can see the WPMU Dev widgets etc.

as another member asked the same questions here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/important-notice-to-members-about-this-site#post-223530

And I gave him this solution to put into wp-config.php:

/**don't show WPMUDEV stuff **/
    define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true);

• aecnu

Greetings Ovidiu,

Thank you for that coding snippet, I will certainly keep it on hand.

I am not sure about anything right now with things in such turmoil as all the kinks are worked out of this .... lol

For example, one minute search worked and the next minute all I got was a page that says search.

I have to wait on the developers to get to the many kinks that are going on here including the introduction to the new update plugin.

Actually with just the tick mark to "Hide from clients" and checking out other sites on my network I do not see any of the widgets anywhere.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Ovidiu,

It has been a little over 24 hours since the roll over into the new site and update plugin.

There are many bugs and kinks (about 50+ at the moment) we are working on resolving and anticipate by the week end many of them to have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience it is greatly appreciated. Once the smoke clears we will get down to addressing individual issues it is certain to include clarification of specific items to include those addressed in this ticket.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

Hey, I hope I can clear stuff up.

First I just dropped 3.1.1 which limits the entire plugin to only your username by default or any other admins you can define in wp-config. Before the plugin would only show to admins in wp, or superadmins in multisite. Now not only that, but it's limited to just your username. Visit the manage page in the new version for more info.

- what is the difference between Q&A Activity and Community Topics?

We're trying to change our site from being forums to discussions and support tickets. Q&A is support topics (ones with the resolved/open flags, almost always tied to a product and in the plugins or themes forum)
    Community is everything else not a support topic.

The plugins in the list are filtered by what they require, example if it required BP and you don't have BP active they won't show. Same with Multisite, and bbPress plugins. Also Lite versions are removed if you are a paid member to avoid confusion.

- the filter by TAG gives me some random tags, where do you pull those from?

These are actually the tags projects are organized by on the site. We don't have them visible in the new theme quite yet, we're working on cleaning them up and making them more relevant.

30 themes + 133 theme pack = 163

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.