Fellows! What is the best way to advertize for subsites?

Hi, Fellows!

What is the best way to advertize for subsites?

Best Regards!
David R

• David Regis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Ari.

Sorry for having been vague. I have a network with some subsites my users have created.

As I wish to advertize for those subsites I would like to know whether there is a way to advertise for them separate from advertising made for the main site.

Hope this will clarify enough what I need.

Best Regards!
    David R

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

Hi David,

That is a very big question. There are so many answers on how to advertise a site. So much of it depends on what type of site and your budget.

For example, you might buy radio ads, or buy clicks from google or other click sellers. I have seen people advertise a site by waving a sign on a street corner. You might pay for banner ads on sites that have the right customer base.

But for all of them if you want to advertise for your subsites you will use the link that leads to that subsites home page, or even the url for a specific product or post within that subsite.

I would start by doing a google search on "generating traffic" and "trafic conversion" and "marketing principals"

Also make sure that the people who own the subsites know to post to facebook, twitter etc.

There is a lot to learn but you seem full of passion and energy to learn it.

• David Regis

Thx Dev4. What you said is correct general knowledge, however I was thinking there could be some plugins for mass advertising of subsites...

Nonetheless, I am going to follow your suggestions regarding google search.

Best Regards!
    David R

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey David,

I agree with Dev4 on this one, endless number of answers for that question. I know you will have a lot fun trying them out though :slight_smile:

It's always fun watching your traffic stats increase as you pull off a successful marketing campaign.

Here's 50 tips to increase traffic to your blog as well: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-traffic-to-your-blog/

Hope that helps David!

Have a great weekend.

Tyler

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

I am curious, you do seem to have something in mind, so what were your thoughts?. I mean what would it do? In an ideal world what would the function be?
    The things that comes to mind when you say mass advertising of sub sites are the social marketing and floating social plugins.

Any mass advertising has to be powered by something. Either an ad budget or people. If you can get your shop owners to use those tools, you can achieve a high level of net visibility.

• David Regis

Thanks to you all, guys!
    Dev4, you're right. Mass advertising refers to social marketing, etc.
    What I have in mind? Look, there is a software that has been promoted about driving in followers in Facebook in the tune of 100,000 during 30 days and the same for You Tube as well as Twitter.

For two reasons I did not act upon this: 1. I could not find a way to contact the developer and ask some questions. 2. I don't know to what extent it is compatible with wordpress although the developer claims it to be compatible.

My main concern is whether WPMUDEV could recommend any such a software.

Best Regards!
    David R

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

The software you are referring to is most likely not going to do much for you.
    You can pay low $ for low quality hits.
    For example, popunder hits.

If if the offer is for software that keeps on giving that number of hits it has to be either a scam or you are buying a malware kit, or possibly a bot net tool of some sort.
    Either way, prob a waste of money and might hurt more than it helps.

If it was real, he would not need to sell it, he would get rich just setting up multiple instances of it and driving traffic to his own sites

If you just want hits to drive up your Alexa or google rank you can carefully use some of the services with low cost hits. You have to be careful, because if you go too black hat, google is likely to catch on and penalize you in their rankings.

You are right not to buy that if you can't get your questions answered.

Real hits that can convert to sales are going to come from real marketing to real people. And that is going to cost real money or real effort or both.

No magic bullets. Internet commerce is just like brick and mortar commerce in that way. You have to get the right people looking at the right offer and then get them to act on the offer.

If it looks like a shortcut be suspicious. Plenty of people out there are happy to take your money without giving you anything in return.

Keep on dreaming big, but be prepared to invest more time/money/effort in making it happen,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.