Few Different Things So Far (Not Easy to Title)

Hi,

Still playing around with the plugin to see if it will fit our needs. A few things have popped up that I hope you might help me with:

1.) Is there any to get courses to automatically populate on the homepage as they are created or are shortcodes the only way to include courses on a page/post?

2.) Any plans for a shortcode generator? (would be great).

2.) Bullet points are not working in the Course Description.

3.) Course structure option is enabled in "Step 2: Course Description" but is not showing on frontend.

4.) "This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink." is showing at bottom of course detail page.

5.) I published a video as a course to have a look at the frontend in general and the certificate of completion in particular. The certificate is blank, just a white screen. Is this becuase I, as one of the Admins, am not actually an enrolled student? If so, how to preview the certificate of completion?

Thanks,
AJ

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @AJ,

Hope you're doing well today

Let me answer this one by one so I don't miss anything.

1.) Is there any to get courses to automatically populate on the homepage as they are created or are shortcodes the only way to include courses on a page/post?

Currently you can only list courses with the shortcode, you can create new page with [course_list] shortcode and then in Settings > Reading select that page as your home page.

2.) Any plans for a shortcode generator? (would be great).

May I suggest opening new threads in features and feedback section with this question, if your post gets lot of attention it will speed up process of adding this

3.) Course structure option is enabled in "Step 2: Course Description" but is not showing on frontend.

I tried accessing your site to check this but kept getting "Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.", this is usually resolved by revoking access and then granting it again.
    I have just tested this option my end and as unable to replicate this as the structure was showing normally for me.

4.) "This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink." is showing at bottom of course detail page.

Are you looking to hide this?
    If so just use this CSS code:

.course .entry-meta {
      display: none;
    }

You can use plugin like this one for additional CSS:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

5.) I published a video as a course to have a look at the frontend in general and the certificate of completion in particular. The certificate is blank, just a white screen. Is this becuase I, as one of the Admins, am not actually an enrolled student? If so, how to preview the certificate of completion?

Could you please re-grant access as mentioned above so I can check this out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi AJ,

I did some further testing and it looks like that this issue "This entry was posted in (nothing here). Bookmark the permalink." is also happening on my installation and that this is a but within the CoursePress theme so I'm notifying plugin developers about this.

Bullet points are not working in the Course Description.

Could you tell me which part should have bullets so we can see to fix this up with some CSS?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey AJ,

I hope you're well today!

I've checked if bullet points lists are working inside the text editors of CoursePress. On my test install with default Twenty Fifteen WP theme everything looks fine for both course description and unit text editors (please see screenshots).

That said, this might be an issue of some CSS code of your theme or custom WP text editor config that's being set either by the theme or by one of the plugins. If I'm missing something here then could you please elaborate a bit on this? A screenshot showing the issue would be of great help here!

As for certificates. The link to the certificate is added to the students dashboard and you should be able to see full certificate content being logged in as a student. Could you please check if it works for you this way and let me know?

Cheers,
    Adam

• AJ

Hi Adam,

I've checked if bullet points lists are working inside the text editors of CoursePress. On my test install with default Twenty Fifteen WP theme everything looks fine for both course description and unit text editors (please see screenshots).

That said, this might be an issue of some CSS code of your theme or custom WP text editor config that's being set either by the theme or by one of the plugins. If I'm missing something here then could you please elaborate a bit on this? A screenshot showing the issue would be of great help here!

We're using the CoursePress theme, actually. And sorry, I should have been clearer: Bullet points show in the editor as applied, but don't show on the front end of the site when applied, either in preview or when saved. It's not a caching issue, either. We've done quite a bit to the site since, but this was a problem on the vanilla install. Bullet points remain unusable.

As for certificates. The link to the certificate is added to the students dashboard and you should be able to see full certificate content being logged in as a student. Could you please check if it works for you this way and let me know?

No, mate. Cert is blank for a students as well.

I have enabled support access should you need it.

Thanks as always,
    AJ

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey AJ,

Thanks for clarifying this one!

I've visited your dashboard and created a test course (you may safely remove it anytime) and I can confirm the "bullet issue". The solution here however is fortunately quite simple. By adding the following rule to your CSS style you should make bullet list usable again:

.course ul {list-style:disc;}

Instead of editing your theme's style.css file you may want to use a Simple Custom CSS plugin for this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I hope that helps

As for certificate. I've created myself a user account (removed already), signed up for a course and completed it and I've been able to access a PDF certificate (opens in a new window). Please see screenshot attached.

That said, does the blank PDF opens for your or is it a totally blank page without any pdf file? Also, are you able to open and view pdf files in browser from other pages? Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• AJ

Thanks Adam,

As for certificate. I've created myself a user account (removed already), signed up for a course and completed it and I've been able to access a PDF certificate (opens in a new window).

That's really odd...

That said, does the blank PDF opens for your or is it a totally blank page without any pdf file?

The PDF opens, but it's blank.

Also, are you able to open and view pdf files in browser from other pages?

By "other pages" do you mean PDFs in general, linked on the web? Like this one: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf ? If so, no. No problems.

Note: I just 'took' your Test course and the Cert does show up when clicking on that course's "Certificate".... *scratches head*

I've attached a screenshot (below) of what we're otherwise seeing when clicking "Certificate".

Thanks again,
    AJ

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey AJ!

Frankly, now I'm getting confused. Just to make sure this wasn't a "one-time luck" I've signed-up for your site again and added myself as a student to your main course. I've completed it and... I can see the certificate again. I did it using another browser - the cert is there. I've noticed that it looks better (centered and enlarged fonts) but other than that everything is as it was for me

That being said, I'm beginning to think that this may be a browser cache related issue. Just "in case" please empty all caches on your site's side and then clear your browser's cache and try again.

As trivial it may sound, this seems to be very likely source of the problem.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Let me know if this helped!

Cheers,
    Adam