File permissons on windows 8 localhost

I am trying to install the Snapshot Pro plugin on a local installation of Instant Wordpress. The install fails with the error: "Installation of Snapshot Pro failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder."
How do I set file permissions to resolve this? The installation of wordpress is on a windows 8.1 machine.

• Milan

Hello Jesse McConnell

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

The way windows handles file permission is very much different than other operating system handles. Windows file permission/access privilege determined by Authenticated users rather than local application as user.

So if you have installed local test server as super admin, application should have all the necessary permission to tweak file structure. I am using Windows 10 64bit Architecture( Also used Windows7 and Windows8 in past ) on my end and never had to change permission of folder to install snapshot. But as you are getting this warning, you might have changed folder permission in past ? If that is the case then you can easily change permissions of folder via Folder Properties ( right click on folder and click "Property" menu ) > Go to "Security" tab > Hit button saying "Advanced".

You may want to look at msdn document for this too. :slight_smile: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727008.aspx

Hope this helps you :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.