File scanning causing a PHP warning

When I perform File Scan with Defender it generates the following error for all my sites:
PHP Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /wp-admin/network/error_log in /wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/scan/behavior/core-result.php on line 146
Why does this happen?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi F404,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid, this is something we weren't able to replicate in our side. Were you able to check as mentioned above regarding the error_log file in your WP folder, under /wp-admin/network folder? If yes, could you please check the files permissions, and size?

Also, please double check whether the permissions of your folders, and files are 755, and 644 respectively.

A filesize() failed warning appears in general, when the file isn't writable, another reason could be if the the owner of the file (UID) doesn't matches the process owner of PHP (apache), could you also please check that?

I'm afraid, the cPanel isn't accessible due to the IP restriction. As most of the support agents, and developers are having dynamic IP, is it possible to temporary disable that feature, so that we could access your site without whitelisting the IPs? This would also allow us to bring this into the developers attention easily, if needed.

Regards,
    Nithin

• F404
    • Flash Drive

Hello
    For your response in another thread
    Now it do not showing that Prevent PHP Execution error. Also wpmudev dashboard was fixed.
    I did not make any change.
    Now i check and it do not generate any error_log, you make any changes?!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello F404,

No, I haven't done any changes - I logged in to your site and checked Dashboard, took a screenshot and that was it. Since you haven't sent us creds to cPanel and we could not get there we weren't able to make any changes.
    Have you contacted your hosting about that? Maybe they changed something?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.