File scanning stuck

Hi guys, i'm trying to run File Scanning but everytime it gets to 64.17% it gets stuck there and doesn't go further than that. I've waited for about 30/40 minutes a few times, deleted my browser cache, switch between browsers and the problem persists. Hope you can give me a hand on this. Cheers!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Sebastian Rocha

It seems there is an error produced. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now try to run another scan and let it stuck again. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Sebastian Rocha
    • New Recruit

Hi Ash,

I did what you said and indeed the file was created. I'm attaching here a screenshot of the errors on the "debug.log" file. Let me know if that suits your needs or if i write here what's on the file.

Please let me know what to do from here based on this. Thanks in advance,
    Cheers!

• Sebastian Rocha
    • New Recruit

Hi Ash,

I had to remove the website (Wordpress) from the server and re-install it, 'cause i'm having issues with Google Ads rejecting my ads. I have installed everything from WPMU again, ran Defender once again and it got stuck now at 71.55% (it passed the previous percentage point). Do you need me to repeat the same process again in order to figure out what could be causing this problem?

Please let me know,

Cheers!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sebastian,

Most probably you will see the same errors in debug.log - and error you saw before is about site hitting memory limits. You should be able to increase your memory limits by following this article https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/ and it should help with Defender scan being stuck.
    You can see your current limits in WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Support -> System Info

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.