Filezilla issues, i cannot connect and have ECONNREFUSED errors which i can't fix. HELP

PLEASE HELP. I'm a 1st time blogger. I've installed the recommended filezilla and tried to follow the directions in order to upload my new themes onto my blog/website/domain and i have been getting different error messages like "Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server"
as well as the highly researched and little understood ECONNREFUSED error that is another language entirely when i attempt to understand all the chit-chat on forums the world over.

I have disabled all my firewalls, and dabled in my router settings to attempt to open ports and forward ports to blahblahblah i don't even understand the beginnings of it. Please help me upload at least 1 theme to my site or refund my $19 preferably, this is a 5 hour headache not worth my time or money at the moment and i might as well just buy a theme directly through wordpress and not bother with all the hoops.

Please help

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @David,

Hope you're well today and sorry to hear of the issues you've been having here.

Can you let me know your site URL please? Who are you hosting with? It's possible they are blocking the ports their end, rather than it being a issue your end.

Can you upload themes via wp-admin > themes > add new > upload and upload the zip file?

If it's the farms 133 theme pack, in the main zip, there are the folders, each folder is a theme, to upload in the above way, you'd need to zip the folder you want to upload.

I'm here to help

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.