Filter Infinite SEO on mainsite?

Ok I really love infinite seo, it is perfect for a multisite setup, however, i would like to use something else only on my main site.

So I am asking the developer if I used a filter on a network enabled plugin of infinite seo, could you see that causing issues?

(aside from any pages i have 301 redirected)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn,

Thank you for the great question and it appears that you directed this question directly at the lead developer which I will indeed see if I can get him in here but also knowing that this is beyond the scope of the support we provide here as defined by my direct inline Boss falling into the realm of custom coding and the WPMU Dev lead developer himself i.e. how to use the current features.

But we do try to help if we can.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn and Ashley Keable,

Sorry for the delay here folks which it appears that this ticket got eaten by the ticket system where I found it lingering in the back.

I will send another SOS for the lead developer @vladislav input/opinion if he thinks there will be any negative impact doing this.

Thank you both for your demonstrated patience regarding this item.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn and Ashley Keable,

Thanks folks for letting us know. It will be interesting to see what our lead developer comes up with to deal with this situation and hopefully sooner then later.

Thank you both for your continued feedback, it is appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@in-mn @ashley Keable

Hey guys!

I’m doing a bit of housecleaning and sweeping through some older threads, and I noticed the developer has not yet found the time to contribute here (the whole team is busy as h**l with a bunch of cool new projects).

As you both seem to have found alternatives to the issues described here, please let us know if you need more assistance with this, or if your own solutions have given you satisfactory results.

In the meantime, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you still need more help on this, simply re-open the thread by ticking the Mark as Not Resolved (re-open) box below.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Actually, there is a new Infinite SEO version in the works right now, that will enable you to activate/deactivate it according to your custom logic (e.g. on the main site), while keeping it network-activated. The plugin is already in a working Beta state and it’s currently being tested – if you wish, I can attach the Beta here, or you can wait for a couple more days and just update to the latest release, whichever works for you best.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just to update, the version I was talking about in my previous post is now released (v1.6). The actual conditional unhooking is a two-part process, and here’s how it might be done for conditionally skipping it on the main site. The first step is to declare we want this done, via the “WDS_CONDITIONAL_EXECUTION” define. This can be done in the wp-config.php, e.g.:

define('WDS_CONDITIONAL_EXECUTION', true);

Next, we need a bit of code to apply the unhooking logic and actually suppress Infinite SEO. For an example, this might work well as a mu-plugin:

function disable_infinite_seo_on_main_site () {
    global $blog_id;
    if ($blog_id != SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE) return false;
    remove_action('plugins_loaded', '_wds_init');
    }
    add_action('plugins_loaded', 'disable_infinite_seo_on_main_site', 1);

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.