Filter Plugin for Search Results

Hi,

I would like to know a good filter plugin that can be implemented on the search results and listing page where users can filter businesses are per their requirement. I did come across FacetWP plugin, does it work with multisite, post indexer and global site search.

Also please suggest if there is an alternative free and paid tool if this is not the right plugin for this setup.

Thanks and Regards,
Alagiri

• Andre Foisy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello @alagiri_rajesh

I hope you're having a great day.

There are tons of possibilities here, your best bet is to try some among the good ones that have the descriptions the nearest to what you are looking for.

I do not know much about the one you refer to, but here's a few more pretty good and free ones you can check out:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-filter/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-wp-query-search-filter/

Best regards,
    Andre

• dialmint
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Andre Foisy,

Thank you for your suggestion. I am exploring the options. Also wanted to know if any of these can be used in combination with the "Global Site Search" and "Post Indexer" plugin.

For example say users enter the "What they want to Search" and "city/locality" they want to search, can this be combined to show relevant results the user wants?

Please let me know if this is a possibility.

Thanks and Regards,
    Alagiri

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Alagiri

I hope you are well today.

I don't think those plugin will work with post indexer as this plugin uses a totally different custom table - wp_network_posts.

Global site search plugin is designed to work with wp_network_posts table, but the 3rd party plugins are not designed to do so.

So, whichever plugin you use, you need to make it customized to get posts from wp_network_posts rather than individual sites.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.