Finally fast & furious indexing, but no go on global site search.

We finally were able to get global post indexer to work again (I think) on the Liquid Web managed WP VPS. We never were able to get it to work on Bluehost managed WP or WP Engine, even with multiple calls to support regarding wp-cron and its alt chron not firing. Must've been some type of resource limit. Liquid Web's managed WP VPS seems to fly through the indexing process so we're back to trying out global indexer + site search.

Sadly, we can't seem to get the site search to actually return any network-wide results. Debug is on and access has been provided.

Global site search should work from the top right search box and/or from the global site search widget at the bottom of the homepage right sidebar on the root site. However, no results are returned at all.

Please note that this is the live network site. Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello PXM Staff,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can confirm that issue however I think I also found out the reason for it

I checked your site and it seems that the Post Indexer is indeed running fine now as the "Cron log" tab shows that there's been some passes completed already. Yet, no content was indexed so Global Search had no data to work with.

The Post Indexer didn't work due to the error in its configuration. The "Default Post Types" types should be listed in a separate lines and they were instead listed in a single line separated by comma.

I corrected it and rebuild Post Indexer index and it seems it's now working fine.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam