Finding CSS File/Page to Edit

Good evening,
I have a simple CSS problem and looking at some assistance. Really, I would just like someone to tell me how to find the answer.

I am attempting to change the color of the H1 tag surrounding the title or in this case the staff member "Johnny Cribb" in the page that is attached. I'm looking at "inspect" via Chrome and see then information. It's calling for a CSS class of "entry-title" but I'm not sure where or what CSS page it is calling for, for me to edit.

In short, I just need to know what .CSS template is called out so I know where to go to edit the information via CSS. I'm just changing the color to White here or #FFF.

https://cityofhanahan.com/staff/johnny-cribb/

Thanks in advance,
David

• Nithin

Hi David,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If I'm following your question correctly, on checking your mentioned page, the CSS class defined in the <h1> tag is general, or global, ie if you change the color of h1 tag on that page, it'll change all the H1 tags to white, Eg:

.entry-title {
            color: white;
    }

The above code will make all the H1 tag in your page to white. And this is how the theme has been defined.

If you meant to change the color only on the mentioned page, you'll have to find a unique parent dive specific to your page, and that would be #post-7925:

#post-7925 .entry-title {
            color: white;
    }

If you are looking for, from which file the CSS is being called, you'll notice the CSS file defined in the Right hand side, near the h1 tag, as shown in the above screenshot. Once you hover your mouser over that link, you'll notice the file path which is being called. Since your website, has been minified it'll only show the minified file path, you'll have to disable minification temporarily, to check which exact CSS file is loaded.

Would highly recommend that to make changes like CSS to a theme using a Child theme, so that it won't be overwritten when you update your theme, or use a plugin like Simple Custom CSS, so that you don't have to find the CSS file loaded.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.