Finding every ip address that has ever logged in or attempted to login to an acocunt

Hi,
Is there a plugin that can show the IP addresss of every successful and failed attempt into a wordpress site? We’re trying to find on a client site if a specific IP is being used and the client wants to know if there have been attempts in the past few months.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello cornelius_butler

I hope you’re well today!

I checked the site that you assigned to this ticket and I see that you already have Defender installed there with “Audit logging” enabled. This will show you those login attempts along with usernames and IP addresses.

Check the “Defender -> Audit Logging -> Even Logs” page and for each login attempt you can also check IP if you click on the event item on the list to expand it.

Please note though:

– these logs will not show any login attempts from before Defender and its “Audit Logging” feature was enabled on site
    – and they will only go as far to the past as up to 12 months

WordPress itself does not have any logs like that built-in so there’s no plugin that could check it in any other way – regardless whether it is Defender or any other plugin that logs such events, it will only be able to show information that it gathered itself.

But current Defender Audit Logging even list should be of help as it seems it’s been active for quite a long time already.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Ncy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi cornelius_butler ,
    I found this interesting and did a bit of research on this one and found there is no way to track all the old failed attempts of a user in WordPress.

These are the only fields that can be found in the user meta table https://www.screencast.com/t/XmxSLPYJ8 with woocommerce and no other plugins there.

You can find the last login user time, date and IP in community-events-location which looks similar to this
    a:1:{s:2:"ip";s:12:"157.44.251.0";}

I suggest you to check through the wp_user_meta table in db if you can find something.

To track future activities, there are many plugins to track user activity, I personally use Defender has audit logging and sends reports as per your need.

Best Regards,
    Naveen.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.