Finishing Touches on my buddypress site

First of all, I wish to have an upload link on my registration form for new users to be able to upload their own photo while registering. Also...

1. I wish to make the following tabs invisible on the buddypress activity page but still retain their functions:
Settings, Notifications

Also, the lower tabs: personal, mentions, favourites, following should be removed.

2. I have already set my homepage to the buddypress activity page for all those logged in but I wish to have this my default activity page set to 'following' instead of 'personal' so that users can view the activity of all those they are following once they get to this page rather than the personal activity set by WordPress. Then, there should be a 'compose' link on the page to post updates as it is on Twitter.

3. Help me change the name 'media' to 'photos' and 'Activity' to 'Timeline'.

4. Finally, I have placed a sidebar widget to display users and those that the user is following. Beside the photo of users, I wish to have the following: Bio details (filled at registration) and the 'Follow' button. Under the photo of those the user is following, please, help me place the 'message' button.

Urgent help needed as I am a novice at coding.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Chris

Please do not create multiple tickets for same issue to avoid delay, it helps us to provide faster and better support :slight_smile:

1. I wish to make the following tabs invisible on the buddypress activity page but still retain their functions:
    Settings, Notifications

Also, the lower tabs: personal, mentions, favourites, following should be removed.

I believe, this is solved in live chat.

2. I have already set my homepage to the buddypress activity page for all those logged in but I wish to have this my default activity page set to 'following' instead of 'personal' so that users can view the activity of all those they are following once they get to this page rather than the personal activity set by WordPress. Then, there should be a 'compose' link on the page to post updates as it is on Twitter.

You already have a open ticket for this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/make-following-tab-default-in-buddypress

Please add your details related to this issue in that ticket.

3. Help me change the name 'media' to 'photos' and 'Activity' to 'Timeline'.

Try the following code:

add_action( 'wp_head', function() {
    	?>
    	<script type="text/javascript">
    		jQuery(function($){
    			$('#user-activity').html( 'Timeline' );
    			$('#user-media').html( 'Photos' );
    		});
    	</script>
    	<?php
    } );

You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

4. Finally, I have placed a sidebar widget to display users and those that the user is following. Beside the photo of users, I wish to have the following: Bio details (filled at registration) and the 'Follow' button. Under the photo of those the user is following, please, help me place the 'message' button.

As we discussed in chat, this will involve lots of custom code and also you have to edit the template page. You may post a job in our job board to hire a developer and get help for this issue. Please note that, no wpmu dev officials are available in the job board.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi skc.chukwu

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Do you use Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-css-js/

If so or if you use any similar plugins, then you can add this code by using it. You'd need to create a custom JS snippet and add the following code there:

jQuery(function($){
    	$('#user-activity').html( 'Timeline' );
    	$('#user-media').html( 'Photos' );
    });

If you're using Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin, then it should look like this:

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.