Firefox and google chrome with upfront/spirit

Hi There,

I hope this finds you well.
I did most of my Upfront/Spirit development on Safari (except when I needed to debug :wink:) and now that I am looking back at what it looks like in Firefox (which my client uses too!! :slight_frown:) and Google chrome I see the elements not aligned on the page as it is in the upfront editor/safari both editor and view (specially in the case of a background image) I had checked in the past a bit but I hadn't noticed such a difference, so could it be related to the latest version as most of my late problems?
It is really noticeable here http://www.onenesscom.com/worldpeaceproject-spirit/contactus/ (I had even added a phone number in another text box below the address (see the shift already?) and on firefox it was showing on top of the page below the title.!!.. opening support.. also very noticeable on the home page particularly on the header
any idea on what is going on and most importantly any suggestions on how to handle that? I tried searching the questions already answered but I find the search less and less useful, only blogs seem to come up lately... (?)

Thanks,
Cheers,
Eve-Marie

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Eve-Marie,

Hope you're doing well today!

I checked your site and I see what you mean about elements not aligning properly in FF and Chrome. However, I tried replicating this behaviour by setting up a page in Safari and then checking it in Chrome/FF but the pages still looked correct.

Which makes me think you may have a plugin conflict that is causing different styles to be applied in certain browsers.

Could you try disabling all plugins and then seeing if it displays correctly in all browsers?

You can "soft deactivate" all plugins by re-naming the /wp-content/plugins folder. Then to get all plugins back again just name it back to /plugins/ :slight_smile:

More info on this debugging method in our getting support/troubleshooting guide: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If you deactivate all plugins and it's still not displaying properly let us know and we'll have another look.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Eve-Marie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tyler,

I hope you are well too.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did rename the plugin folder and the weird behavior on FF and Google chrome is still there (you can check it is still deactivated, which is very noticeable on the "price menu" page). Did you try with a picture as background on your test page? It seems to me that this is what may be triggering this behavior, it looks good/the same than upfront edit mode/safari when I don't have an image as background...

Thanks a lot for your help,
    Cheers,
    Eve-Marie

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Eve-Marie,

Sorry for my delay on this. I've been testing it with a background image now and it still seems to be working correctly for me across all browsers. Could you re-grant support access so I can have another look at your site :slight_smile: I'll call in one of our Upfront developers if needed as well. If I can't figure it out; they should be able too!

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Eve-Marie

Hi Tyler,

I hope you are well.
    Thanks. I am at my "day job" today and unfortunately my site is blocked from here.. I tried to log with my iphone but I can't seem the find the WPMUdev dashboard from there to open access... :slight_frown: ohhh.. but that is because I deactivated all plugins!! Can't access to my cpanel from here either so I guess it will have to wait for tonight now.. I will do it then and will let you know when it is done...

Thanks a lot,
    Have a great day!
    Eve-Marie

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Eve,

Thanks for doing that :slight_smile: I've had another look and it seems like different styles are affecting these areas depending on browser which is very odd - I'm going to flag on of our developers on this so they can take a deeper look.

I extended your support access, hope you don't mind - just want to make sure that the admin is still accessible when one of our devs has a look. Also, I see you have already sent FTP credentials into my colleague Sajid, I'll pass those onto the developer as well as they may need it.

In the meantime, just let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Eve-Marie

Hi Tyler,

I hope you are well today! :slight_smile:
    Thanks for the update, and yes feel free to extend the support access as much as needed, thanks! :slight_smile:

Sajid seems to have had issues to get the ftp credentials to work, so please let me know if you run into any troubles too, thanks.

Thanks a lot,
    Take care,
    Eve-Marie

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Eve-Marie,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience here. I've taken a look at the site and it's definitely a strange issue.

I haven't been able to replicate on my own install, on your site, all the styles are getting correctly loaded, I initially thought that it was possible one of the dependencies wasn't getting loaded.

I've asked the Upfront lead developer to take a look.

Thanks again for your patience. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Gagan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Eve-Marie,

I am working on this bug. Can you please grant support access once again. Also, the ftp access. The existing ftp credentials that Sajid has do not provide user access to the wp installation folder. The only access it has is to a blank directory that has been specifically created for that user only. You will need to provide access to WP folder in question to that ftp user.

Kind Regards
    Gagan

• Eve-Marie

Hi Gagan,

Thanks, I granted access again.Sajid also has an admin password for the wordpress side if it expires again. I unfortunately can't access my cpanel at this point, I'll let you know when I can fix that ftp access. It is strange though I created it just as I created the other ones..

Thanks a lot for your help,
    Have a great day and take care,
    Eve-Marie

• Eve-Marie

Hi Gagan,

I hope you are well. I am still having issues connecting to my cpanel and I still am at my regular job today so I probably won't be able to get that straighten out before tomorrow unfortunately. .. how to I send you the information if I need to create a new user..? do I send it to Sajid? or do the same thing than when I sent it to him but put it to your attention? and message you back here once done, correct?

Thanks,
    Have a great day!
    Eve-Marie

• Eve-Marie

Hi Gagan,

I hope you are well today.
    OK so I can access it from here and it seems like it was landing in a private user folder under public_html, I recreated the same user with direct access to public_html.. The password is the same.
    I tried it with filezila and it works. Now I am not sure why but through the cpanel they force the username to be xxx@onenesscom.com so in filezilla I had to put onenesscom.com as the host and then still have the"onenesscom.com" in the username piece such as username@onenesscom.com. I hope I make sense and that you can now connect smoothly... :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Take care,
    Eve-Marie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.