First and Last Name in Membership

Hello,

This seems crazy – I can’t capture either a first or last name with this plug in on the registration page?

That is unbelievable. I have seen threads where you guys say you aren’t supporting adding extra fields. But this seems absolutely BASIC.

Can I please do this? I do know how to code PHP.

Eddie

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Eddie,

It sounds like what you want is BuddyPress with only a few of the optional components enabled.

Basically, you would only need to enable the first two components to achieve what you want: "Extended Profiles" and "Account Settings" (see screenshot).

Cheers, PC

• er777
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you..

But this seems like an overkill solution – using a complete installation and all the files in Buddy Press to do one very simple thing..

Shouldn’t it be possible to just customize the present code? And isn’t at least a first and last name or at the very least a full name an appropriate thing to capture for the membership plug-in?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

The plugin has been designed in a way so as it can make the registration process faster hence only the required fields have been used.

I agree to the fact that you can change it by customizing the present code and would not say its not doable. The only thing is that it would completely be a custom work for which you will need to edit the code yourself.

The reason I suggested you BuddyPress is that it’s the easiest way to mod the process without custom code.

You can route the users to the account page yoursite.com/account post signup where they can edit the profile and add the details.

Cheers, PC

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.