First bite time is 3.551seconds

Hi i am experiencing a very high first bite time and increased the hosing package but this did not work. Is there something that can or should be optimized?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Wil

I don't see that hight TTFB for the site you mentioned. Here is a screenshot from chrome inspector and a service:

Though TTFB also depends on the distance between the visitor and server locations. But if you keep getting that's higher TTFB loading time from your location, I recommend checking with the plugins.

You can run a conflict test. To do the test, please deactivate all plugins and check TTFB. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is causing higher TTFB. You need to do the same with your theme as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Also make sure you have caching plugin to served cached data, use CDN for static resources which you can achieve by our HummingBird plugin. Your images should be optimized which can be done by Smush Pro plugin.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.