First steps with Membership Plugin (and with WPMU DEV)

Hi,

I have just purchased and installed Membership plugin.

First I have successfully installed WPMU DEV Dashboard under Network Administrator site (my site is a multisite with 6 different sites) and then Membership plugin have been installed.

I plan to use Membership Plugin initially in one of the six sites, so I have activated it and despite I haven't started to configure it, it looks it's working.

The thing that is confusing me is that at Network Administration, in the plugins section the Membership plugin appear as "Not activated for the Network" and when trying to do it I get an error.

This is probably a silly question as I'm guessing that plugins section for Network Administrator is being superseded in some way by WPMU DEV Dashboard but I wanted to be sure before going on with Membership plugin configuration.

Is everything OK with the installation?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Fernando.

N.B: Expect more questions to come :slight_smile:

• Ash

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I plan to use Membership Plugin initially in one of the six sites, so I have activated it and despite I haven't started to configure it, it looks it's working.

If you want to use in one site among the all sites, then do not network activate the plugin. Keep it network deactivated and in the site, you want to use from, network activate the plugin. Otherwise, it will work for all sites.

The thing that is confusing me is that at Network Administration, in the plugins section the Membership plugin appear as "Not activated for the Network" and when trying to do it I get an error.

What error are you getting? Please let me know.

Is everything OK with the installation?

So, now you can realize if everything is okay :slight_smile: If you see any error, then it is not. But keep in mind my first answer (if you want to use for one site).

Expect more questions to come :slight_smile:

Don't worry at all :slight_smile: We are here to help you.

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Fernando

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for your quick response and for your warm welcome.

Well, I have tried again to Activate Membership Plugin and now it has worked (no error at all), and yes, I can see Membership installed for all the sites.

So, I have deactivated it again from Network Administration and now I have only enabled it at the site when I want to use it. So, I guess everything is OK.

Thanks for your suppport !

I think we can close know this thread !

BR

Fernando.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.