fix buddy press: 'BP_Group_Extension' not found

I made a change to buddypress in backend and it caused this error:
_________
Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in /home/content/01/11915301/html/members/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 103
fyi: its a second install of wordpress on sub directory members.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @aaronjamesweb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It seems like you have not enabled BP groups component or deactivated it recently.

The plugin requires the groups component to be enabled as it is a plugin for that component. That being said, it should gracefully fail when the component is not active.

Can you just check from the menu Admin -> Settings -> Buddypress -> Components whether "User Groups" buddypress component is enabled or not?

First of all deactivate BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin by renaming plugin folder from bp-group-calendar to something like bp-group-calendar-old using FTP.

Best Regards,

• aaronjamesweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

absolutely fixed it in one shot! thanks! Thanks Vinod! Awesome to see you on the WPMUdev team. Welcome!

On side note, I was trying to get new user accounts to 'auto activate' without needed to get the auto-gen email then confirming, any ideas on how to do this? I saw a plugin in the wordpress main site but it said only compatible up to wp3.6.
    thanks
    -Aaron

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.