Fix for all the bad spelling, incorrect grammar, and random capitalization?

The theme works great, but random phrases are all capitalized, sometimes words are used incorrectly or strangely, and things that must be capitalized in the English language are left in all lower letter case. What is the easiest way to fix this? Am I going to have to put all the badly written theme files into the child theme and go through them line by line, or can I somehow use the language file to correct it? I tried updating some of the most noticeable errors that are shown to my visitors by changing the en_EN.po file included in the theme's language folder, but updating that file doesn't seem to change anything.

Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @eulamue

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team. Thank you for being a member and for your post and feedback on the Blogs MU Theme.

We are currently in the process of updating all our documentation and content on plugins and themes, but I will make sure that this is addresses immediately for you so we can get you sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Have a good day and I will be in touch at the earliest.

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings eulamue,

Concerning the use of the child theme it should be in a folder by itself in the themes folder /wp-content/themes/ and activated while the entire parent theme would remain deactivated.

This is the first step in getting the child theme into play.

However, on a different note I would permission all files that I customized that are not in the child theme structure to 444 read only preventing over writing during an update.

Please advise if you understand how the parent/child theme relationship is to be located and activated on your WordPress installation.

Cheers, Joe

• eulamue

I am already successfully using a child theme for the footer and the CSS - setting it up to the degree that the child theme is currently in effect was not difficult, but this is the first time I have used a child theme. I tried copying the custom-components into the child theme, but in a subdirectory that mirrors the parent theme's folder structure - do the php files in which I want to retain the changes need to be placed directly into the root?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.