fixed amount on simple donations?

Is it possible to set a fixed amount on each donation with "simple donations" activated?
Also, is it possible to NOT display the number of donators and the amount?
This is ment to be a site for a christian womans organisation
Url: http://kvinneverk.kunde.reklamebanken.com/archives/bli-fast-giver/bli-fast-giver (password: vekkelse)

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Hakonzen,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

This is not something that can be done out of the box but if you enable rewards and use some CSS code to hide parts you don't want shown we can create something like you desire.

If you don't mind granting support access I can create this setup for you so you can see if it suits your needs.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Hakonzen,

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

I have added the custom CSS shown below and created 10kr fixed amount, you can change that to anything you want, this is just an example, so can you check it out and let me know if this is something you were looking for?

.wdf_total_backers,
    .wdf_amount_raised,
    .wdf_donate_button .currency,
    .wdf_donate_button .wdf_pledge_amount,
    .wdf_reward_item_none {
    	display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hakonzen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi again @Predrag DubajicThat worked out pretty well, thanks a lot!
    I will tranmslate the plugin to Norwegian run it by my customer tomorrow to see if this works for them and hopefully this will do
    Thanks again :slight_smile:

• Hakonzen

Hello again, hope you ar well, @Predrag

I was looking in the plugins custom css box under Presentation, and I don see the custom css that you have provided. I guess you have added it directly into a file? It would be useful to have it in the custom css box if possible to have the option to easily customize it?
    I see now that I also need to remove the "Choose an amount"-text since it´s a fixed amount for this fundraiser. Also, it is supposed to run on a monthly basis until the donator cancels - how do I set this?

Best regards
    Hakonzen

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Hakonzen,

I have added it to custom CSS field in your Appearance panel, it slipped my mind that fundraising has it's own :slight_smile:

I have now activated the plugin on your site changed the CSS and deactivated it again so it should all be good when you activate it back.
    This is new CSS:

.wdf_total_backers,
    .wdf_amount_raised,
    .wdf_custom_donation_label,
    .wdf_reward_item_none {
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hakonzen

Hi again @Predrag and thank you for your assistance!
    I have now made causes (donasjoner) all found here http://kvinneverk.kunde.reklamebanken.com/donasjoner (passw: vekkelse)
    I have set them all the same way as the first one now, and I wonder if when I have set them like this, with the amount off lets say 250, nothing in the "set limit" and set repeating donations to "no", will donors get the set amount for 250 pr month automatically in the paypal chechout? As of now I have some trouble testing it in sandbox because paypal tells my my (private) paypal login is incorrect (witch it is not)

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Hakonzen,

If you enable recurring donations they will be billed depending on the time they choose, 250 each time.
    If you leave recurring donations to NO they will be only billed once.

I also tried testing payment on your site and it looks like it's some temporary issue with PayPal as my own address also doesn't work.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hakonzen

If I enable recurring donations, I get a dropdown window where I can chose "once", "Daily", "weekly" and "monthly". How can I get this to be fixed for each month for every donation we set up?

Also, I see this message in settings;
    "In order for Fundraising to function correctly you must setup an IPN listening URL with PayPal. Failure to do so will prevent your site from being notified when a recurring payment is cancelled.
    Your IPN listening URL is: http://kvinneverk.kunde.reklamebanken.com/wdf-payment-return/paypal/ "
    I have not set this yet, can this be the cause why the paypal fails?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Hakonzen,

f I enable recurring donations, I get a dropdown window where I can chose "once", "Daily", "weekly" and "monthly". How can I get this to be fixed for each month for every donation we set up?

Just to check if we are on the same page here, are you looking to set fixed recurring donations, for example they will only have an option to select 250 and then that amount will be billed each month and they will not have an option to choose differently?

As for the IPN message, this is only needed when you switch to live mode, to test IPN in sandbox mode you will need to use this tool:
    https://developer.paypal.com/developer/ipnSimulator
    But still, this is not reason for PayPal to fail during the payment, I'm guessing paypal is having some temporary issues.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Ok, now that we are clear on that here is what you can do.

I have attached small file below which you need to unzip and place in your wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, if you don't have that folder simply create it.

This file will select Monthly on page load so all wee need to do now is hide the selector by replacing old CSS code I gave you before with this one:

.wdf_recurring_select,
    .wdf_total_backers,
    .wdf_amount_raised,
    .wdf_custom_donation_label,
    .wdf_reward_item_none {
    }

Let me know if that is what you wanted to do :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.