fixed amount versus %

Hello the team !

Do you think it's possible to have the ability to set the amount for an affiliate in % ?

i explain this :wink: :

1/ I sell upgrades with plugin prosites
2/ I give a commission to the sponsor with plugin : "affiliates"
3/ "affiliates" have the add-on "supporter" activated to do that

But on "affiliates" settings, we only can give a fixed amount for the sponsor. (see my sreenshot)

It will be better if we can give a % of the purchase with pro sites.

In fact, i think some of "pro sites" users have lot of upgrades levels (like me). Each level have a different selling price...

It's impossible to set a single amount on "affiliates / supporter payment", because it does not correspond with different levels.

Like on my screenshot, do you think is possible to have this choice with percentage (%) of the purchase amount ? With this setting, it will be more simply to have a unique settings.

What do you think about this ? :wink:

Thank you...

Bertrand

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bertrand,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin. Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful if chosen for development by the developer team, but alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

I am indeed moving this to the feature requests area and alerting the lead developer of the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• slife
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Aaron,

Ok thank you to ask Barry about that...

I did post this request on "affiliate plugin topic", but Joe answered this is for the "pro sites topic" lol

So, il post here too :slight_smile:
    anyway, nobody's perfect...

Thank you Aaron, wait and see....

Bertrand

• jbsv1

This sounds like this will be a great and much needed new feature to have available. I just updated to the newest version of the Affiliates Plugin. I noticed that the affiliate amounts to be paid were in fact moved over to the pro sites settings area. However, under the Affiliate Settings are in the Pro Sites plugin there still only shows the dollar amount and no option to select a percentage. Am I missing where to change this to now be using a percentage? Can you please tell me how to have these instead show as percentages that i can select?

• jbsv1

I was wondering if you had any further updates? As I had mentioned in my last post even with using the latest 3.1.3 version I still cannot see any location to enter in percentages. I have checked this a number of times and on multiple installations of WordPress and I still do not see the percentages displayed.

We have a requirement for this functionality so can you please tell me how to have these instead show as percentages that i can select? Or are you planning on releasing anther version soon so that this feature will work? I really need to know as this will set the direction that I need to take such as if I should possibly switch over to using MagentoGo, which would be a shame since i really like all the other features. But as you know customers rule and we need to accommodate their requests. Thank you again for all of your assistance.
    Sincerely,

• jbsv1

Great, thank you. I did see the affiliate settings under pro sites settings previously. However, what i was missing was that I needed to change the last column from USD to %. Thank you again for your assistance.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.