Fixer header slider not editing

In some sections I am able to change or update the slider options and in the header I am not able to add or edit the slider like I can in the other sections.

Please assist.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Clay,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

i would like to take a closer look at your site. Could you please grant me a support access to it? You may do this by following this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Just to make sure: the issue affects the slider in header only (on all pages where that header is used), is that correct?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Clay!

I accessed your site and first I took a liberty of enabling Fixer theme (that you assigned this topic to) as for some reason a "pure Upfront" was enabled. Upfront is a parent theme that can work only with a child theme - one of our starter themes or the one that you build with Upfront Builder.

The slider on a homepage in Fixer is not a "slider" module but a slider background for a region. In order to edit it you need to first click on "Edit background" icon in upper right corner of that region and then click on "Settings" (little gear icon) and this will fire up background settings in Upfront panel on the left.

That said, I'm still not sure whether this is the issue or not. I"m a bit confused because although you have assigned this thread to "Fixer" theme, that theme wasn't active on your site and I can also see that you started building a theme with Upfront Builder. So, if I'm missing something here, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Clay!

I have accessed your site once again and I was able to make changed to the header slider on a homepage with Upfront editor with no issues. You can see that the transition is changed there now and that I added an image.

I think you may try to clear browsers cache and give it another shot. If it's not that, do you think that you could record a short video showing the steps you take and the result? That may be of great help.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Clay!

I just accessed the site one more time and I see that now there's an active theme named "Superstar Membrane" which is, I presume, is your renamed "Fixer".

I'm not quite sure whether this is relevant here but i think it's worth stressing out that Upfront (as in "Upfront editor" or "Upfront parent theme") is not the same as Upfront Builder. If the same theme that you are building with Upfront Builder is at the same time active on your site this is would happens:

- the changes that you make to the theme using Upfront Builder are saved with that theme and also should be reflected on your site

- the changes that you make to the site using Upfront (Upfront editor) are "per site" changes only; think of that like of a more complex "Theme options" or "Appearance -> Customizer"; these changes are not applied to the theme "base" so they won't be reflected in Upfront Builder and won't be carried over to any other site.

The basic rule is: with an Upfront Builder you build a theme (like Spirit, Fixer etc) that can then be used on site and "per site" customized using Upfront (Upfront editor that's an integral part of Upfront parent theme). I'm saying this because it seems to be causing some confusion here and there :slight_smile:

That being said, you can easily re-use any theme that you build (regardless whether it's built from scratch or just modified) with Upfront Builder on other sites. To do this, go to the "Upfront Builder" page and hover over the theme thumbnail. A download icon will appear so use it to download a theme .zip package.

That package can be installed on other sites just like any other WordPress theme. It will however require installation of Upfront parent theme as well but other than that, it's all that's necessary to move the theme. It's similar like with many other themes that require some frameworks, for example - there a tons of themes that just require Genesis and they won't work without that :slight_smile:

The important thing to remember though is that none of the changes that you made to your site using Upfront (Upfront editor) will be carried over with the theme because they are "per site" customization. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.