Fixer theme - not saving elements

Why are elements not saving? I have tried adding new ones and editing existing ones but I get an error message when trying to save. Please see - http://screencast.com/t/mbmX4NqY5

• Rupok

Hi Adam

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Can you please check on your console if there is any error shown while trying to save in Fixer? That will help us to troubleshoot the issue. And about this common advice, usually this solves issues for most of the cases. So we suggest you to do these first. Fixer is a very large and powerful Upfront Theme, so it needs different services from server. You already said this is already working in your test sites. And I am not facing this issue on my test server. So this is not a bug, rather there is something on your server which is either missing, or not configured as Fixer requires, or something is conflicting. So it's not working on your main site.

But I'll request you not to get frustrated, we are trying our level best to help you solve this issue on your site. Can you please let us know if you see errors in console? Can you please try a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Moreover, can you please try adding following define in wp-config.php file?
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Adam

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Other WPMUDEV themes work on the sites in question. So many people in the forum have reported the exact same error so you can see that there is a major problem with the theme somewhere. The frustration comes from seeing everybody being given the same advice even after numerous users have reported that the advice doesn't work. There are no other errors in the consoles. Other WPMUDEV upfront themes work. There must be a bug somewhere in the Fixer theme because so many people are reporting the exact same problem (perhaps it only affects some servers?)

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Adam,

I spoke with developers and this is related to fact that fixer Home Page is quite big and on some servers limit of post_max_size is not enough to handle saving home page. Could you please ask your server administrator if they can increase post_max_size limit?
    Other solution is to change Fixer design to have less elements on homepage.

To confirm that this is issue on your server, can you edit any page on site where you use Fixer and see if it saves changes?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.