Fixer Theme - Subsituting an image or different color for bullets

I am using the Upfront->Fixer theme. I would like to change the bullets.
- 1st Preference: use an image
- 2nd Preference: change the bullet color (separate from the text)
Is there an easy way to do that?
Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Greg,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think this should be quite easily doable, however I just took a look at my Fixer install and I'm not quite sure what exactly do you mean by "bullets". Could you please share a screenshot of those bullets with me so I could then check it on my own site? I'm sure I can provide you with a solution then.

Thanks,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Greg,

Thanks for this explanation!

I think I can help you with this. Take a look below please :slight_smile:

1. Create a .png image that will server as a "bullet point" first
    2. Access your site via FTP and upload this file to this directory:

/wp-content/themes/uf-fixer/images/

3. Open your site (the page containing bullet list) in browser (being logged in as admin) and enter "Upfront mode" by clicking "Upfront" link in your admin bar

4. Switch Upfront panel (on the left) to "Theme settings" and click on "add custom CSS rules" link

5. Scroll an existing code all the way down and put following rules there:

ul {list-style-type:none;}
    ul li {background:url('//yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/uf-fixer/images/bullet.png') center left no-repeat;padding-left:25px;}

Make sure that you've replaced "yourdomain.com" with a real domain of your site and the "bullet.png" part with the name of an image file containing your "bullet replacement". You may also need to adjust "padding-left:25px;" value a bit, depending on the size of your image (e.g. for 20x20px image it may look good with 25 or 30px padding);

6. Save CSS ("Save" button in the right-bottom corner) and entire layout (most likely you'll want to answer "For all posts/pages of this type" while saving).

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam