Fixer Upfront Theme not displaying properly

First the Responsive is not working.

Second I updated the theme and now it is broken.

Third I am trying to fix it and the upfront view looks different than the web view
(this seems to be because I am using Easy Testimonials)

I spoke to soon.. I disabled the Easy Testimonials plugin and the images displayed... but are gone again.

?????

• Michael Bissett

Hey jason, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Did you downgrade Upfront & Fixer in the meantime? I'm seeing that you've got versions 0.4.1.3 & 0.3 (respectively) running at the moment, would you have a test site handy that an upgrade could be done on?

If you don't have such a site, our Snapshot plugin could be used to assist with the creation of a test site, following this tutorial:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

And could Support Access to the test site be enabled, as laid out in the following guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jasonfoxme,

I've removed the login details here, you're going to want to change them, for the sake of security.

In the meantime, I've taken a peek at the staging site offered, and after doing a test upgrade, and attempting to migrate the changes over there, this looks to require a deeper look than originally anticipated.

Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details for the live site (login address, username & password) - this is only so that the staging environment can be recreated as needed, no more
    - Include WordPress admin access details for the staging site (login address, username & password)
    - Include WP Engine log-in details (login address, username & password) - for looking at the staging site's database, via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey jason, thanks for sending in those details! :slight_smile:

Right now, I've done the following:

#1: I've removed the Text element that the Easy Testimonials shortcode was inserted into, and have inserted a Widget element onto the page, and have inserted the shortcode into a Text widget. This now results in that part of the page being rendered properly, without that huge gap of whitespace that was below it before.

#2: I've commented out this CSS rule inside of Simple Custom CSS:

.upfront-image-container img {
      width: 240px;
    }

As it was affecting images in the "First Thing's First" section on the homepage (and have mentioned such in a comment inside of Simple Custom CSS).

Can you verify that those two things are looking as they should, please?

As for the responsive side of things, that'll require some edits inside of Responsive Mode, I had to adjust a paragraph in the "About Jeff" section.

Side note: I created my own SFTP user inside of WP Engine (as some further conflict testing was needed), and with the resetting of the staging site, the password's been set back to what you have on the live site.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.