Fixing error registration page with theme and buddypress/multisite

Hi,

Anyone has been already experiencing this type of errors on the registration buddypress page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_blogs_subdomain_base() in /wp-content/themes/u-design-BuddyPress-child/registration/register.php on line 195

It can be theme related but I don’t have any idea on how to fix it?Changing of theme because of that will be a sad choice:slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @hitchb, I hope you’re well today!

It can be theme related but I don’t have any idea on how to fix it?

There’s only one way to find out… change your theme to something else and check to see if the errors still occurs!

If it doesn’t, then it’s definitely theme-related.

You could also try re-uploading your theme files via FTP, maybe a file was mis-copied the first time and the file containing that function doesn’t exist.

Please advise,

Ari.

• HitchB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello @aristath,

It’s impossible for me to change of theme at this stage. All the themes I’m using are premium themes I purchased from Themeforest and was already familiar with the customization process. The only theme I can change which is buddypress compatible is Salutation theme. But Salutation theme is having issues with most of WPMU plugins.

Seriously have you seen all the web design aesthetic required now for a business online. We don’t have any other choice than using high quality templates we need to purchase.

Are they any premium themes in the market that are multi site compatible and that work with WPMU plugins you suggest?

We’re really stuck here if we want to build a serious website.Or the theme is not compatible, or the design is not ok, or the plugins don’t work with the template. It’s a never ending problem.

• HitchB

Any experts here who can try to advice users running this type of error how to fix it? All the themes now are compatible with the new buddypress version 1.7.0

No more issues. Big breath. However not all the themes are made for multisite. So how to fix this error? I tested with the new buddypress and it works just fine, no more heavy CSS customization needed or plugin extension to make it run with buddypress.

However still this error message! Can you please help me?

• aristath
    • Recruit

I can’t find anything that would cause this error in that file..

The Call to undefined function bp_blogs_subdomain_base() in

/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/register.php on line 210 error indicates that the bp_blogs_subdomain_base() function can’t be found.

That function is part of buddypress core (I just checked bot bp 1.6 & 1.7beta) so for some reason it can’t find it.

I would recomment you re-upload buddypress using FTP, just in case something got mis-copied the first time (it has happened before…:wink:

If that doesn’t fix it, replace line 210 of the file you sent me with this:

http:// <input type="text" name="signup_blog_url" id="signup_blog_url" value="<?php if ( function_exists( 'bp_signup_blog_url_value' ) ) { bp_signup_blog_url_value(); } ?>" /> .<?php if ( function_exists( 'bp_blogs_subdomain_base' ) ) { bp_blogs_subdomain_base(); } ?>

I hope that helps…

Cheers!

Ari.

• HitchB

Hi Ari,

Thanks a lot for your help. So it looks like the error is not appearing anymore by replacing that line with the code provided:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a6zmiwe9

However, as you can see the domain URL after . is blank. Also I would like to hide or disable the function ‘ Yes, I’d like to create a new site’ and force users to create a site in order to sign up. Also remove the check box ‘I would like my site to appear in search engines, and in public listings around this network.:’ those are not necessary.

THanks for your support.

• HitchB

Just to mention by re-uploading buddypress via FTP the error is still there. By changing my premium theme to the default buddypress theme the error is no more there. So there’s something wrong between my premium theme U-Design and Buddypress.I’m sure it’s just a few lines to change.

The rest looks fine especially with the new buddypress beta version.

• HitchB

OK I just realized without being a coder that all the themes that work are having a file ‘blogs’ in wp-content/themes/custom-theme/blogs/ with 3 essential files: index.php, create.php and blogs-loop.php

Without these files the premium theme will be causing errors.

These files should be integrated. And I noticed that they’re not part of my premium theme. So one essential thing that is quite a piece of cake for developers to integrate.

This will fix all the issues related to premium theme and blogs registration…

So, now I will try to upload theme and see, if the files need to be coded a bit I will definitely need your help..

• aristath
    • Recruit

Don’t see another way to install buddypress in a multisite..

Some people activate the plugin on a single site on their network… don’t ask why, I have no idea why someone would choose to do that!

Well, I can’t figure out why this is happening.

Is this your theme?

As this is certainly a theme-related issue, did you try contacting the theme developer about it?

Please advise,

Ari.

• impressionchefs
    • New Recruit

I experienced the same problem, using a custom theme that I am developing.

I resolved the error by using the BP template override system. I did the following:

1. Copy the BP registration form/file to my own theme directory to create my own registration page (/mytheme/buddypress/members/register.php)

2. Copy the function “bp_blogs_subdomain_base()” from the core plugin file /buddypress/bp-blogs/bp-blogs-template.php and pasting it into the newly created registration form (I pasted it immediately above the “blog URL” field code.

3. Uploaded the new directory/file to my theme.

That resolved the problem successfully.

The other changes you want to make to the registration process (making blog creation mandatory, and removing the “search engine” selection) can be accomplished by editing this same file.

• ligor
    • New Recruit

Hello. I added a line

include( WP_CONTENT_DIR. '/plugins/buddypress/bp-blogs/bp-blogs-template.php' );

to the beginning of the file (after <?php )

…wp-contentthemesgridmarketfunctions.php

(This is my theme with a similar error)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

This can be resolved by following the below steps.

Ensure that the Site Tracking component is enabled in BuddyPress settings.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.