Floating element no showing up in mobile

I have a floating element in the header of this site. I added to the left of the social icons in the Scribe theme. But in responsive view, when I switch to tablet and mobile, the vertical padding is huge, and the floating element with the phone number is missing.

How can I fix the padding in tablet and mobile view, and stop the floating element with the phone number from being hidden on these screen dimensions?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Robphat,

I hope you are having great day and thanks for asking us and thanks for granting us support staff access right on. :slight_smile:

First of let me tell you how floating region works.

Floating regions have their own grid, and they are absolutly positioned. Because they are absolute positioned, they can be not aligned with upfront grid. A better way to achieve what is to use an normal text element for phone number information. I suggest you remove that floating region and add simple text element in place of it. It will does the job for you as region in which you are about to place is already sticky. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you. Let me know how it goes after you make suggested changes.

Cheers and Have a great day,
    Milan Savaliya

• robphat
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I put the phone number there with a floating element because a previous support tech in a previous ticket said that was the only way to get the phone number to show up to the left of the element with the social media icons in it. I did try to place at text widget there at first, but it would not place to the left of the social media icons like it is now. It would only go in a row above them.

I think I tried what you are suggesting, but it didn't work. Did I do it wrong?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again RobPhat,

Can I take your privilege of customizing your site a bit with some tests ? I want to tweak header region with some ideas in my mind. If you allow me to do so I think I can bring some solution for you.

Let me know what is your view on this.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @robphat

Thanks for allowing me to tweak change on your site. :slight_smile:

I tried many different ideas and finally created two divs into Custom Code Editor and wrote some of the css rules to make those two responsive. Then I shift whole social icons list to second div and wrote some markup for creating duplicate version of Phone No floating region.

Without further permission from you I've applied those changes. Please confirm those changes and let me know if you need further assistance with anything else.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

With Gratitude and Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @robphat,

Its sad to see you go. :slight_frown:

Do you know we are constantly improving our product to give as many features as possible in short time-frame. ? And just let me inform you that there are lot more new features support coming in future releases. So if you can hold on for some time, please do so.

And if we talk about your issue then I don't see phono positioned on right side of mobile. Its still on left side or screen. I've attached screenshot for your confirmation. If there is little more change you want me to do with its positioning please let me know. I will be glad if I can do something for you further regarding this issue.

Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.