Floating Menu not floating after selecting option

I selected "Float this menu" in Behavior, but it did not change the Menu. It is still fixed at the top of the page when I scroll down.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jesse,

Hope you're well today!

If I understand correctly the option you need isn't "Float this menu" but "Sticky this region" which is located in the "background editing". I've attached some screenshots for you.

Try it out please and let me know if it helped. If you have any further questions I'll be glad to help.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jesse,

I hope you're well today!

I'm sorry for the delay, we've been extremely busy lately so I apologize. As for "Float" option let's assume you have a simple static page: as page scrolls each and every element is also being scrolled and everything stays in its place, exactly as designed. Now, if you make any of these elements "Float" it will "float" across the page as you scroll - should stay in the same place on the screen where it was initially placed on the page load. Imagine those popular "Social media" bars at the left or right screen edge.

That said, checking your menu as "Float" actually does exactly this but at the same time makes it practically invisible as its elements are white and when scrolled become placed on the light background. Setting "region" as "Sticky" (in this case it's a menu background) creates a kind of "combo" of both menu elements and its underlying elements which results in perfectly aligned top menu.

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.