Floating Social

I have Floating Social installed on my WPMU install and it doesn't behave the same on all themes. The one that is highly problematic is with PressWorks. It's just not wide enough; it clips the right side of the floating social bar (even if I move it or try various hacks in the additional CSS box). Got any ideas how I can fix this toolbar without screwing up all the other plugins on other sites?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

It's hard to get every theme the same as every theme is built differently.

What I suggest you do is to use a tool like Firebug to look at what styles are affecting the bar.

Then, use the floating social settings (particular the offset) to get it looking right in that particular theme.

Look again using Firebug and see what has changed about the styles. Replicate those changes in the theme's stylesheet and then reset floating social settings back.

That should allow for the slight glitch in that one theme but make sure the others appear okay.

This will require a good understanding of CSS so if you're not comfortable with that you may need to seek the assistance of a developer.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.