Floating Social issue in Twenty Thirteen

I am not able to make the floating social bar appear right.Well, strictly speaking I can only see it when the browser takes all the screen; it appears to the left of the blog area but dissapears as soon as I change the size of my browser. I am using the Twenty Thirteen theme out of the box, without any CSS customization...

I have already tried this soluction proposed elsewhere without success:
#wdsb-share-box { -moz-box-sizing: content-box; -webkit-box-sizing: content-box; box-sizing: content-box; }

• Alexander

Hi @Mario,

Floating Social has some customization options under "Settings -> Floating Social" From here you should be able to set a margin. Depending on your margin, at some point the Floating Social box won't be visible on smaller screens. It's mostly intended to use on larger screens.

For example, take a look at how it's used on our blog here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-3-7-beta-now-available/

You shouldn't need any extra CSS. Try adjusting the margin and see if this helps.

PS: Nice blog post! :slight_smile: That kinda stuff always fascinated me.

Best regards,

• Mario

Thanks
    I have been playing with the offsets (I guess the margins are referred to as offsets), and I have been successful at placing the bar horizontally, however when it is trying to put it vertically I am having issues. For example, I am unable to put the bar close to the text. I do not get it, if I increase the horizontal offset, the bar moves to the right, closer to the text, but at some point instead of moving closer to the text it starts to move far away ( back to the left). In addition, the bar is not complete, only the left part of it is visible, no matter the offset.

• Alexander

Hi @Mario,

I'm sorry about the delay here. That's interesting. I've seen that happen before. Usually it's a plugin or theme conflict though. Can you try a few things for me here?

Can you check the javascript console for errors? In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console"

Next, can you please test for a plugin and theme conflict? You can do this by switching to another theme and deactivating all your plugins. After this, test the issue as see if anything is different. If it's working, try changing your theme back and testing again. If at this point it's broken, we know it's a theme conflict. If not, start reactivating your plugins and testing as you go along, once it stops working you'll be able to know which plugin is causing a conflict. Once a conflict is identified, we can look into a specific solution for it.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.