Floating Social: not appearing in Headway theme

For some reason I can’t understand, the plugin doesn’t appear when using Headway theme 3.1.2

Even the html doesn’t contain any reference to the plugin.

With Twenty Eleven the plugin appears, so I’m quite sure the conflict is with Headway theme.

I’ve tried to use the Attempt to fix front page conflicts option, with either the default hook and other Headway hooks, but still nothing appears.

Here’s the link: http://dev.tamtando.com

Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @sciamannikoo

Thank you for your post. I am not quite sure how to resolve this myself, since it is almost certainly a conflict with the Headway theme.

I have the Headway theme as well, so I will try to replicate this error, but in the meantime I I think it would be best to get the input from the Developer as well. Sorry that I can’t be of more assistance in this case.

Please allow us some time to get back to you. And in the meantime, if you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• sciamannikoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Oh well… I’ve never got so many support answers during holidays :smiley:

GinaB

I’ve sent a post to Headway support, but they will most likely ask me to try disabling all plugins anyway.

About your second post: indeed. The only reference are to the style and javascript.

Since yesterday I was looking only for the “social” keyword and not “sharebox”, I’m not sure if these references appeared after installing the update that Ve attached in his post.

Ve

I’ve installed the update, and after enabling the “Attempt to fix front page conflicts”, I’ve managed to see the floating bar (in the wrong place, but this will be solved with some styling). Thank you!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@sciamannikoo

Woohoo for solving your problem, with the helpful assistance of our Developer Ve.

I actually opened every line of code of your site via Firebug looking for anything related to the word ‘social’, but I was puzzled why it’s not even mentioned. Glad though that the update got that sorted. And the best part is that I installed Headway and the Floating Social and wasn’t able to see it myself, but before I could say anything Ve was in here and had already addressed the issue!

Go Ve!

And glad that we could provide superior support to you during the holidays :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

GinaB

Hope my responses were helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it was. If it’s not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hehe, @sciamannikoo, thank you for the bunch of rep points! It wasn’t necessary, but I am forever grateful :slight_smile:

It’s definitely a Happy Sunday. Sorted out a member (you) and made a few others smile, even if we didn’t get them completely sorted. And in my books that calls for a big smile!

Have a good week and hope to catch you on the forum and maybe I can reward you back! Or I can pass it on, as they say… rep point blessings brought forward :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.