Floating Social not displaying on website

Hey Guys,
I am having trouble with Floating Social. I have tried any number of settings in the dashboard and it is still not showing? I want it showing on every page of the site. Sometimes as the page is loading I think I see a flash of the social bar but it won't load completely? Any tricks to getting it to display? Access is open.
Thanks!
Tony

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Tony,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a liberty of making some changes to your "Floating Social" plugin settings and it seems that it's now showing up. Could you please clear your browser's cache and then check this and let me know if it works for you?

What I changed was offsets. I've also added a simple custom CSS rule and enabled "front page fix". You may review those settings on your dashboard's "Floating Social -> Settings" page.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Tony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Adam,
    From what I can tell we aren't quite there. The /blog page isn't displaying at all and the single post pages are displaying the slider horizontal instead of vertical. I have tried to do some refreshing and the display is the same.
    Thanks!
    Tony

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Tony!

I took another look at your site and indeed the floating social bars is now displayed on front page and on single posts but not on post list page. I didn't notice that before, I apologize.

I've attached a screenshot to this post. As you see the floating social is set currently to be shown as vertical bar sticking to the left screen edge. Let me know please where and in what orientation would you like it to show up.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Tony

Hey Adam!
    Thanks again for taking a look at this. I agree that the front page looks good, that is how I would like it to display (although it looks like the FB box is cut off a bit. If you look at the single post page you will see that the share bar is displaying horizontal. I would like it to display Vertically on the blog page and the single page similar to how it displays on the front page.
    Thanks!
    Tony

• Tony

Hi Predrag,
    This looks good. I still find it strange that the bar isn't displaying on the /blog page? But I can live without it if we can't figure it out. I also see that there is a radio button to not show the bar during editing which is helpful.

One final question... How do we deal with the floating bar in a responsive situation? Is there a way to eliminate the bar on mobile? It appears to cover most of my content when displaying on mobile. Any thoughts on this???

Thanks!
    Tony

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Tony,

I hope you are doing well today. :slight_smile:

You can use this bit of css code to hide bar for Mobile screens. :slight_smile:

@media only screen
      and (min-device-width: 320px)
      and (max-device-width: 480px)
      and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2){
        #wdsb-share-box{
          display: none !important;
        }
    }

Paste above css snippet in custom css editor of theme or use this plugin if you want to keep plugin related CSS separate to theme.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.