Floating Social Pinterest not showing up

Pinterest button not working when activated

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ronsmart,

Thank you for letting us know and unfortunately I cannot replicate the issue as shown on my test site: http://aecnuwpmu.us/the-best-hosting-for-wpmu-installations-wpmu-hosting-org/

Therefore it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Joe,

I could see there is a small problem with appearance of pinterest button, its going over the linkedin button. It doesn't look nice, I thought It's my theme style , but I have the same problem with all themes I tested.

Another thing, the pinterest button is only visible on posts and not on pages. Has someone similar issue?

Best,
    Damian

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings time4novelty,

Great point and thank you for bringing that up and indeed I am able to replicate this issue as indicated here on my test production server: http://aecnuwpmu.us/the-best-hosting-for-wpmu-installations-wpmu-hosting-org/

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

As for the Pin button positioning, that's definitely not what's supposed to happen - a new plugin version is in the works, so fixing this issue is definitely a priority.

As for the Pinterest button showing up, by default the plugin will check for featured image of the post and, if it's present, it'll appear and use that as the image to pin. However, if it can't find the featured image, it won't be rendered at all. These are out-of-the-box default behaviors, but there are several hooks that can be used to alter them and, e.g. use a different image, or a default fallback image.

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Vladislav, that answered my question, too.

Unfortunately, I always just place my images manually and have never used the "featured image" except with Market Press.

As far as I can tell, the theme doesn't do anything with that featured image on a post page. Is that correct?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The latest plugin release (v1.7, just released) should have the Pinterest button appearance fixed. Also, there is an additional Pinterest button, named "Pin any" service, which won't rely on you posts featured images and will allow your visitors to pin any image found on the page instead.

@ProSapien, this really depends on the theme - for an example, some themes might try to use the featured image as header image, or place it somewhere else too.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.