floating social remove options from sub sites

First off thank you for this great and simple to use plugin,

I'd like to be able to set the settings from the network admin instead of letting each site in the network change them. So far it seems that sites that do not edit the settings inherit the settings from the network admin but as soon as they change one thing it loses all network setting with not even a way to reset them.

I guess the options that would solve this are in order of preference:
1. allow me to disable sub site ability to edit float social settings at all
2. make sub sites truely inherit network settings so if they alter one it doesn't wipe out all other settings.
3. give sub sites a reset button that will set their settings back to what the network defaults are.

thanks again.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @mcmasterp,

I hope you're doing well today and thank you for using our Floating Social plugin!

Currently, the plugin doesn't contain any "reset button" or network-wide settings in a form that you describe. That said, you may want to try one of those two solutions:

currently each site must set the settings individually, but you could use our great new blogs template plugin that can be found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

You could then set up a test/demo site with floating social configured how you want it, then set that template to be applied on all newly created blogs (it won't affect current sites). It's also worth noting that new blog templates will also if you set it to, carry across posts/pages/themes used, theme settings etc.

(@Jack Kitterhing)

2. Install a "Multisite Plugin Manager" plugin from WordPress repository (https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-plugin-manager/). This should let you manage permissions for plugins, even if they do not contain any "network-enabled" settings or options. This way you should be able to restrict access to particular settings of Floating Social plugin for your network.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Adam

• mcmasterp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I do use the blog templates plugin, thats a good idea of how to get the settings to initially propagate, i'll do that.

The multisite plugin manager sounds like in combo with the blog templates will accomplish what I want thank you!

I suppose you can pass on my suggestions to the lead developer for future incorporation. It would be a nice addition.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.