Floating social settings not saving

Just started using floating social on a site and am encountering a problem. I go into the settings for the plugin and make my adjustments, then hit save. Everything seems to work at this point. However, if I hit save again (almost) all my settings get erased. Mostly my selections for social services all become unchecked.

I have used this plugin successfully on several other websites so I'm pretty stumped by this issue.

It is a subsite on a multisite and I am using the latest version of both Wordpress and the plugin.

• aecnu

Greetings kylem,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Floating Social plugin

Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

If not a caching issue of some kind this issue could also be related to the plugin not be completely initialized for whatever reason which you will want to deactivate and activate this plugin to see if that helps.

I have tried to replicate the issue on my production server and cannot reproduce the effect at all. http://aecnuwpmu.us/

Please advise as to the above and if that does not help we shall keep digging.

Let me know.

Cheers, Joe

• kylem

Hey thanks for the reply. I looked into all your suggestions, sadly to no avail.

1. I am not using any caching plugins at this time.
    2. I deactivated and re-activated the plugin. Same problem persists.
    3. I am using the same browser currently for development and previewing. However, the problem isn't so much that the social bar doesn't show for me on the front end, rather it is that the settings I make in the dashboard do not save.

Here is a screencast video that might help demonstrate my problem. As you'll see, the bar loads just fine until I go into the settings and hit save again.

Looking for any more suggestions.

• aecnu

Greetings kylem,

Thank you for the additional input and sorry that my first rounds of suggestions did not help.

Before digging into this with log in credentials, any chance you used FTP to upload the plugin? Compare file sizes?

The auto installer commonly messes up so this would/could be an answer if that is indeed the case. Otherwise I will need credentials so I can try this on your installation myself.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.