Floating Social Very Buggy - Not Displaying on All Pages, Looks Broken on IE

This issue was brought to our attention by our users tonight. The floating social bar shows up on Safari but is very broken on Internet Explorer. I know that IE is problematic, but it is the most widely used browser and I can't convince our users otherwise.

Also, the floating social bar works on some pages of the site and not others when I view it from Safari. Some pages show the social bar and others don't, even though those pages have not been excluded.

Here is a few examples of where it does not show up at all and should:
http://pugs.org/2015-membership-dues/

http://pugs.org/gallery-of-winners/

Please check and advise. Support access is granted and I am hoping that I will not have to uninstall this feature because I can see our users are using it.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Pdca Admin,

The issue with floating social look like it's theme related, can you try enabling sidebar on the pages you mentioned in your first post and see if the bar is showing then?

Can you tell me which version of IE you are testing on and did you try disabling your other plugins to see if the issue is also happening then?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Pdca Admin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, it comes up with the sidebar enabled.

I don't want to disable any of the plugins we have. They are almost 100% WPMU Dev plugins and we use all of them. I would sooner disable this plugin than the others.

I am not sure which version of IE is having trouble. I work on a Mac and am getting these reports from members with very limited experience.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Pdca Admin,

I have made some changes in plugin settings, I manually entered holder for social bar to get positioned by and it should be showing on your other pages as well.

Also I tested the page from your screenshot on IE and couldn't replicate the issue on versions 8 and above, can you try asking your user do clear browser cache and see if it's showing normally after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.