folks, Had a nice chat with Jack earlier, who suggested

Hi folks,

Had a nice chat with Jack earlier, who suggested I pop this question on a thread and maybe Paul could have a quick look:

I'd like to create a new chat 'on the fly', ie. I click an 'open chat' button on my site which opens a new page with a new chat created. It needs to be a private chat (for one on one consulting), inaccessible (and unguessable) to others. I was hoping for a nice API type call, something like this: create_new_chat() - or what might be a good way of going about this?

Many thanks,

Richard

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ideasgarden,

Not possible at this time. You do have the option of the shortcode. But currently the shortcode is for group chats only.

We are working on what is labelled 'Support Chat' which will function much like the way you are describing. It will start with something simple like an image in your sidebar where you can have the 'Need Help? Click here. Support persons are standing by to help you. Blah blah blah". The user clicks the image and this initiates a private support chat session.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@ideasgarden:

This may not be a solution you're interested in, but I thought I should mention it, just in case it'll work in the interim until you can find something else.

There's a service called Chatzy. It's free and you can chat on the fly one-on-one with others.

I use it when I have clients contact me through social media, and they need something dealt with right away. It's not really pretty, but it's very functional and effective.

Here's a link: http://www.chatzy.com/

Faydra...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.