Follow up questions regarding Events +

1- I am new to Wordpress and do not yet know how to use short codes. Where exactly do you post the short code for [eab_Calendar}. Do you have a tutorial that would help me understand how it works.

2- When a member confirms I will be attending, or No or Maybe, where can we find the text that display as a result. I looked all over the place and could not succeed in finding them.

3- Manual Payment: how can I activate this on an event by event basis^

4- How to eliminate the section Getting Started in Events +

• Milan

Hello Serge

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Let's take these awesome questions one by one. :slight_smile:

1- I am new to Wordpress and do not yet know how to use short codes. Where exactly do you post the short code for [eab_Calendar}. Do you have a tutorial that would help me understand how it works.

You can paste it in your page/post by default. If you have some other custom post types which is providing you WYSWYG editor then you can paste it there too.

For more information on shortcodes and how it works please do visit this articles. :slight_smile:
    Shortcode Codex Article
    What is shortcode ?
    Why You Need WordPress Shortcodes (And How to Create Them)

2- When a member confirms I will be attending, or No or Maybe, where can we find the text that display as a result. I looked all over the place and could not succeed in finding them.

You are referring this message right ?

3- Manual Payment: how can I activate this on an event by event basis^

When you make your event paid, it will by default get manually payment option included in it. But if you are planing to disable it for some events then I am sorry, there isn't any option for that.

4- How to eliminate the section Getting Started in Events +

You meant to say this pointed whole page right ?

if yes, then please install this plugin Admin Menu Editor and hide that menu page.

Hope these information helps you and waiting for clarification on second one. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Serge

Hello Milan,

Thanks for your response.

Item 1. Thanks for the information.

Item 2. Yes, this is the message. But how can I change those messages ?

Item 3. Your explanation contradicts the documentation. Also, I activated Paid event and do not.
    see the manual payment button. I get the error message ''You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she has made payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless.'' What is meant by ''You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the instructions field.'' and how can I resolve that?

Item 4. Thanks for the information. It did work.

Thanks for your help on this.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Serge!

Thanks for this additional explanation :slight_smile:

Item 2. Yes, this is the message. But how can I change those messages ?

These messages are part of the plugin so usually you would need to change them inside translation files. However, there's a tool that should let you do this easily from your site's dashboard. Please install this plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

and then enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module. Then on "Branding -> Text replace" page fill in the form using exactly that original message as a text to be replaced and your own message as a replacement text.

Item 3. Your explanation contradicts the documentation. Also, I activated Paid event and do not.
    see the manual payment button. I get the error message ''You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she has made payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless.'' What is meant by ''You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the instructions field.'' and how can I resolve that?

Since this message shows up it means that you already activated "Manual Payments" add-on on "Events -> Settings -> Add-on" page. Next step is to go to "Events -> Settings -> Manual Payment settings" page and put the "MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON" placeholder in to the "Instructions" text field:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.